Shadowing Opportunities Section

Well, I finally had gotten around to adding the "Shadowing" section. If you are available to shadow a potential PA student, then you might want to indicate your specialty, location and any other pertinent details in this category. If you are a Pre-PA and you are interested in shadowing a PA, then post the criteria in which you are interested and if there is a member interested, they may PM (Private Message) you. Thanks.

Michael

P.S.

If anyone has any ideas on how we can further enhance the website, please contact me at PhysicianAssistant@Yahoo.Com.

I am looking for Shadowing any doctor or PA but for graduate college they want you to have hands on with the guidance of the doctor or PA-C.  Do you have any direction for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just graduated from college and am in search of shadowing opportunities in California within the Central valley vicinity. I have contacted many hospitals but most have specific age groups or either have privacy issues. Please let me know if you have any information regarding possible opportunities. Thank you.

Hello, my name is Alicia and I am looking to shadow a Physician Assistant in the West Palm Beach/Fort Lauderdale area. I graduated FAU with a BSE in Exercise Science and Health Promotion and I am currently working on my prerequisite classes for Physician Assistant school. I currently have a job in the healthcare field as an electrocardiogram technician. If anyone can give me information please let me know! Thank you. 

• 1 month later...

CSULB graduate and current EMT. Looking for a PA of any specialty to shadow in Orange County California.

Please email me: kevinchivacharoen@gmail.com

Thank you,

Kevin Chivacharoen

Just wondering if you have had any luck? I also am looking for a PA in Orange County, preferably Orange/Anaheim/Tustin area. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi there -

I'm seeking opportunities to shadow PAs practicing in Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, or Surgery in the Greater Southern California Area. 

I am:  older/non-traditional student, Emergency Dept Coordinator in a past life and currently a Clinical Data Analyst for a federally funded clinic working with underserved populations in Los Angeles.  Also certified EMT-B + Wilderness EMT.  Formerly a home health aid.  Still accruing HCE but planning to apply to a few programs this cycle.  

My HCE & volunteer hours (and shadowing time) primarily consist of free clinics/primary care and special event medical, but I'd like more time observing PAs in hospital settings in the specialties I am interested in.  

I live in Pasadena but am happy to travel throughout SoCal. 

I can be reached at cynwash@gmail.com.

Thanks very much!

Cynthia Washburn

Have you had any luck cynwash? I am looking throughout SoCal as well

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello PA and Pre-PA community,

I am looking for a PA to shadow in the Lakewood/metro Denver/Downtown Denver area. Anywhere within an hour drive really. My schedule is very flexible, and any experience is welcome, as I've only shadowed an orthopedic PA for a short amount of time. I am a recent university graduate and will be applying this cycle. My email is kpkamp@oakland.edu. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Kramer

• 5 months later...

Hello, I am in the Queens, New York area as well as Manhattan looking for a PA to shadow. I would like to shadow a PA in neurology if possible but I am interested to start with any discipline ! I have experience volunteering in a Psychiatric Ward Unit for adolescents as well as volunteering/shadowing an OT and PT.  

Thank you in advance, 

Dominique Goodwin 

dgdgoodwin9@gmail.com

• 8 months later...

Hi guys! I am in the Chicagoland/suburbs area and am looking for a PA to shadow. I applied last cycle but since I could not find a single PA to shadow before applying. I would like to strengthen my application for this cycle with shadowing experience and am very eager to learn more about the day in a life of a working PA! 

Thank you! 

(Please feel free to shoot me a message or if you have contacts that I could get in touch with)

- RP

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! I'm about to begin my second year at UC Davis and I'm really hoping to find a shadowing opportunity to see if being a PA is potentially the right path for me. I live in Stockton but could definitely travel elsewhere for an opportunity. I appreciate you taking the time to read this and would love to hear from anyone that can offer a shadowing experience. Thank you so much! My email is rmschmerer@ucdavis.edu if you'd like to get in contact.

Edited by rschmerer

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I hope all is well. My name is Daniel and I am currently looking to shadow a PA in the Metairie / New Orleans , Louisiana area. I have 4 years of experience as a medical scribe in the Emergency Department and I am currently employed as a Medical Technologist. I am fully licensed and certified. I have interest in Emergency Medicine but would welcome any opportunity given to me.

Thank-you and I hope you have a blessed day.

Daniel

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm looking for a PA to shadow (in any medical setting) in the NYC area. I've spent the last two years fulfilling academic prerequisites and am now entering my second application cycle. I have a very flexible schedule and just need some more shadowing experience to put on my application. 

I'm looking for a PA who I can shadow on a consistent basis/couple hours a day/couple times a week and hope to receive a recommendation letter from down the line. Most importantly, I'd like to learn more about the field and hope to find someone who's willing to show me the ins and outs of the PA-reality and maybe even mentor me. I've had unbelievable trouble finding a local hospital/urgent care facility that has shadowing opportunities for pre-PA students and I can't afford to waste anymore time before the application cycle comes full swing. I'll buy you coffee, I really need the help! thank you!

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to shadow in the Chicago area and am willing to travel within an hour of the city. I am pretty familiar with hospital settings and HIPPA (I have been an EMT for over 3 years). I am open to shadowing in any specialty and setting.

I appreciate any help!

DeboAdesida@gmail.com