Shadowing Opportunities Section

• 2 months later...

Hello! I am a pre-PA student seeking an opportunity to shadow a physician assistant in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area in Minnesota. I am currently in the process of applying to PA schools, and although I have shadowed a physician and done plenty of research this obviously does not compare to a first-hand look at the profession. Please contact me via private message. Thank you!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To whichever Michigan PA has the most charitable spirit:

I'm looking for an opportunity to shadow a PA  fairly near Livonia, MI. I'm an EMT, Vet Tech. and PA hopeful. I'm told I'm caring, fun and helpful. I am a late "boomer" and this may be my last year to apply to PA schools. Please feel free to contact me at any time about a shadowing stint at almost any distance- I'd be happy to work as your personal assistant for a happy face on my "shadowed" checklist. Please don't hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks so much for your time and consideration. Shawn

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!!!!

Is there any gracious PA in family med, ob/gyn, cardio or emergency med willing for a very attentive and eager pre-pa student to shadow them in the metro Detroit area. I am a medical assistant full time so I am mostly available on the weekends. Please email me at jesmthomas@yahoo.com or PM me. Thank You!!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Not sure how much luck people have had posting on here, but figured it was worth a shot.

I'm looking to shadow a PA in the Boston, MA area.  Currently a senior finishing up my Bachelor's while taking an EMT class.  Interested in Emergency Medicine and Radiology, but would love the opportunity to shadow a PA in any area.  Feel free to DM me (I check these forums pretty often) or reach out to my personal email at zack.brittingham@gmail.com.

Thanks!!

Hey Zack,

I had no luck finding PAs to shadow in Boston...luckily I got the opportunity to shadow 2 MDs; one through a family member and another through my friend. 

But...try this website and see if you're lucky!

http://www.brighamandwomens.org/Medical_Professionals/PhysicianAssistants/students.aspx

Thanks umbPA, already contacted them and have it scheduled for next week. It'll be tough to find more than just the 8 hrs though.... I'm probably going to end up looking outside the city.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I recently graduated from Umass Amherst and im applying to PA programs this upcoming cycle. Im a certified EMT and work as an opthamologist technician to help me gain some more direct patient care hours. Im looking for a PA to shadow in the Northern New Jersey/ NYC/ Long Island area. Please contact me at ashleyleddy7@gmail.com

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there -

I'm seeking opportunities to shadow PAs practicing in Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, or Surgery in the Greater Southern California Area. 

I am:  older/non-traditional student, Emergency Dept Coordinator in a past life and currently a Clinical Data Analyst for a federally funded clinic working with underserved populations in Los Angeles.  Also certified EMT-B + Wilderness EMT.  Formerly a home health aid.  Still accruing HCE but planning to apply to a few programs this cycle.  

My HCE & volunteer hours (and shadowing time) primarily consist of free clinics/primary care and special event medical, but I'd like more time observing PAs in hospital settings in the specialties I am interested in.  

I live in Pasadena but am happy to travel throughout SoCal. 

I can be reached at cynwash@gmail.com.

Thanks very much!

Cynthia Washburn

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I am a pre-PA student currently working as a Medical technologist in NYU langone medical center. I am looking for PA shadowing opportunities in the New York City 5 borough and Long Island area. I have a flexible schedule and would be willing to also shadow evening, midnight and weekend shifts. If anyone knows any PAs or any programs or website, please message me! Thank you!

-Mee Hyun Han

e-mail: meehyun.han@nyumc.org

• 5 months later...
Guest healthybek

Hello, 

I am looking to shadow in Michigan. I currently live in Grand Rapids and would like to stay around there. Please email me at zielescr@mail.gvsu.edu.

Thanks!

Bekah Zielesch