Shadowing Opportunities Section

• Administrator

Well, I finally had gotten around to adding the "Shadowing" section. If you are available to shadow a potential PA student, then you might want to indicate your specialty, location and any other pertinent details in this category. If you are a Pre-PA and you are interested in shadowing a PA, then post the criteria in which you are interested and if there is a member interested, they may PM (Private Message) you. Thanks.

Michael

P.S.

If anyone has any ideas on how we can further enhance the website, please contact me at PhysicianAssistant@Yahoo.Com.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest amberfatima

i need to shadow a physician in houston texas and i cant find any programs or opportunities. there are so many privacy issues how do i get to shadow a physician any suggestions?

Hi,

Our alumni have volunteered opportunities for clinical shadowing:

http://pa1972alumni-students.blogspot.com/

In NY, they represent a broad variety of medical and surgical disciplines.

Physician Assistants are generally willing to work with pre-PA candidates, depending on a variety of circumstances. Obviously PA Forum members are a great resource across the country as well.

Please contact me with questions.

-Tom

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Guest CAA1216

Do you know of any PA's that are available to shadow in or near the Orlando, Fl area? I'm Pre-PA looking to shadow during this upcoming Spring. Please let me know if anyone has any information. Thank you.

-Cassandra

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a PA to shadow in the Westchester, NY area or in NYC (I live in Yonkers, so near there would be better). I'm pre-pa looking to apply to City College of NY in Harlem in March and would like to obtain some recommendations...

I have a bachelor's in Neuroscience, a minor in Spanish and have Anatomy and Physiology and Nutrition under my belt from NYU. Let me know if anyone has information via my email: kosy35@aol.com... thanks!

~Akosua Dwumfour~

I'm looking for a PA to shadow in the Westchester, NY area or in NYC (I live in Yonkers, so near there would be better). I'm pre-pa looking to apply to City College of NY in Harlem in March and would like to obtain some recommendations...

I have a bachelor's in Neuroscience, a minor in Spanish and have Anatomy and Physiology and Nutrition under my belt from NYU. Let me know if anyone has information via my email: kosy35@aol.com... thanks!

~Akosua Dwumfour~

Kosy35, you might want to post this in a new thread on the shadowing opps section rather than have this at the end of the "sticky" perhaps a moderator could help you move it to the right place.

Good luck to you!!

• 2 months later...

Hey Pre-PAs,

I saw another thread / recent post & thought it might benefit other folks looking to shadow!?

Checking in with "your States" local PA site.

Here is the website from aapa that lists all states websites:

https://members.aapa.org/extra/constituents/chapter-menu.cfm

Also I might suggest calling your local PA program.

Good Luck :)

Guest rwohltman

I need to shadow a PA in Northern California (Bay Area), but I am having trouble finding PAs that will even call me back! If there are any California PAs out there that are willing to let me shadow them please let me know. I would really appreciate any opportunities. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ghtromp
Do you know of any PA's that are available to shadow in or near the Orlando, Fl area? I'm Pre-PA looking to shadow during this upcoming Spring. Please let me know if anyone has any information. Thank you.

-Cassandra

Hi I am currently also looking to shadow PA's in Orlando. I was wondering if you got any tips for me, because I am having a hard time finding PA's to shadow.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon

Guest Steph4

Seiko,

Here is a site you can use to find PA's to shadow: http://www.fapaonline.org/. You will have to create a profile (it's free) and then select "People" across the top and then go down the list and select Shadowing List. I hope this helps! If I can help you with anything else just let me know. :)

-Steph

Guest seiko
Seiko,

Here is a site you can use to find PA's to shadow: http://www.fapaonline.org/. You will have to create a profile (it's free) and then select "People" across the top and then go down the list and select Shadowing List. I hope this helps! If I can help you with anything else just let me know. :)

-Steph

Thank you, Steph4. I am already a member of FAPA and have contacted several PA's from the list, but I either get no response or they are booked, so I was looking for other options.

Guest chach45896

Looking to shadow a PA-C in San Antonio Texas. Taking the summer off to enjoy the kidos but I really need any shadowing hours I can get. Mother-in-law lives with me so babysitter no problem!!!

Laura M.

babyjm6@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Railroad

Well hello there. I'm looking for PA shadowing opportunities in the greater Boston area. I have experience as an ACE-certified personal trainer, and enjoy many sports, so I have a particular interest in sports medicine or related areas... but I would be thrilled for ANY opportunity! My schedule is pretty open. I might even make you a cheesecake.

Many thanks in advance!

Ryan

ryan.richards@alumni.middlebury.edu