i am a senior in High school

Hello, i am a senior in high school and have been thinking of a path to take in the future to becoming a physician assistant. I feel like this would be the perfect job for me because i am very interested in the body and all that comes with being an assistant, and feel as if they will have time for their own family. i want to have a successful career, but also want to have time to raise my family. I have been reading a lot online and keep seeing that most school require hands on experience to be accepted. I am planning on majoring in biology or biochemistry witha bachelors degree, but do no understand how I would be capable of gaining so many hours of health care experience. Does volunteer work in hospitals count for most schools or?

please give me ideas i am just trying to figure out what the best path would be for me to take adn consider

The best thing you can do is go to the upper left corner to FAQ, above that is PA schools you will need to also look at that. You're still in high school so you can start your volunteer work at a local hospital. While you are there you can decide which hce you want/like to do. There's cna, emt, paramedic, rt. cna is the shortest being 4 weeks usually. you can also do cma. you can be doing hce during summers off from college. You will quickly build your hours. While you're at the hospital look to see if there are any PAs around and if they would be willing to allow you to shadow. If so don't forget LORs, you will need them. While your doing all of this start on your PS, this should include your volunteering, hce work, and shadowing experience. By the time your finished college you will be ready to start applying to PA schools, however some PrePAs also include some missionary work and might wait a yr. It makes you a more competitive applicant. You're the one who has to decide your path to PA. Stay close to the forum, use the search engine, the info there is awesome. Don't be afraid to ask questions, that's why we're here! Good luck on your journey.....

Archived