Hi guys!!

I am currently planning on applying for Class of 2014at UTHSCA. I am taking my pre reqs and planning on submitting my apps this year.

I am out of state but UTHSCA is my first choice. I have read from previous post that it is harder for nonresident to get accepted. Is it true?

also, I checked the pre req classes the school requires and it says that all the classes needs to be taken by August. I might have to organic chem after aug because I can't find a class offering it during summer. Does this mean they won't accept my application?

one last question...are there any HCE hours required or just recommended? If so, how many?

thanks! If you guys have any advice...please fell free to leave a post! Anything will be helpful!

If you plan on starting in 2014, you'll be the class of 2016. It is harder, I believe, for out of State students to get accepted simply because the school prefers those with a South Texas connection and those that plan on staying local. That said, my class has a couple of out of staters...

New requirements are that all of your pre-reqs must be completed--so you will need that O Chem, or have to wait. If you wait, do yourself a favor and take a Bio Chem course too.

Any healthcare hours or volunteer hours are helpful. Makes you more competitive.

If you plan on starting in 2014, you'll be the class of 2016. It is harder, I believe, for out of State students to get accepted simply because the school prefers those with a South Texas connection and those that plan on staying local. That said, my class has a couple of out of staters...

New requirements are that all of your pre-reqs must be completed--so you will need that O Chem, or have to wait. If you wait, do yourself a favor and take a Bio Chem course too.

Any healthcare hours or volunteer hours are helpful. Makes you more competitive.

Thanks for your reply. I tried calling the welcome center to get more info but couldn't get through.

One more question...do they accept online class? I am taking general genetics online but wanted to make sure if they will accept it. If not..guess I'm in big trouble!!

thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived