Application cycle for the fall of 2013!!

Hello Guys , i was told by the school that i have to take Writing 303 - Research and Writing for Professional Programs because i dont have a bachelor but, i am having a problem finding the equivalent course in my school to take it on the summer . does anybody know a class i can take to substitute wrt 303?

Thanks

[TABLE=class: listing, width: 100%]

[TR=class: odd, bgcolor: #EEEEEE]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi,

I think two of the courses are considered must take at York if you don't have a BS/BA.

I would reccomend if you do plan on attending York, then make plans to start your classes this summer. You can always ask them, Tenesha has been a great help. She is always busy but be nice and keep on asking even if she sounded like she wanted to hang up the phone. She will give you an answer and help you.

Lastly, decisions are sent out in Early-Mid May, and class registration for summer begins in Late April or Early May, which is around the same time that they sent out those letters. If you do get accepted, they will help you enroll in classes I think.

Good luck!

Lastly, for those that are waiting to be interviewed, there are still time, be positive. And an advice on interview day is to be relax. Tried to talk to them as if you're talking to your friends... but keep in mind to not say any fillers for example: like, you know, etc... Again, try to have fun and talk to them as another human being. They are extremely nice. I know I had a good time, regardless of what their decisions are, it was a great experience.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would anyone be able to comment on how long the interview process took as a whole? I'd like to fly out on the same day and so I'm wondering if my interview is at noon, would I be able to get on a flight at 4:55 PM accounting for the 2 hour airport measures?

Would anyone be able to comment on how long the interview process took as a whole? I'd like to fly out on the same day and so I'm wondering if my interview is at noon, would I be able to get on a flight at 4:55 PM accounting for the 2 hour airport measures?

Hi,

I think the time will be a little tight but it depends on where you're going from. Expect the interview process to take up 2 hrs. Obviously you will probably finish faster than that but try not to rush things. Also if the airport that you are departing from happens to be jfk then its closeby york~about 15 min...

The interview itself could be 20-40 min and theres an 1 hr max writing assignment...

Hi,

I think the time will be a little tight but it depends on where you're going from. Expect the interview process to take up 2 hrs. Obviously you will probably finish faster than that but try not to rush things. Also if the airport that you are departing from happens to be jfk then its closeby york~about 15 min...

The interview itself could be 20-40 min and theres an 1 hr max writing assignment...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to those who have been accepted. I have a quick request to those who have been accepted somewhere else and YORK too. If you know that you are not going to YORK for sure kindly call the PA program and let them know. So that people like me who are waitlisted can be accepted. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi Abel,

Congratulation!

I have to take the summer courses as well, any luck on registration? I'm having some problem registering.

As for apartments, I would recommend places around Bayside, Jackson Heights, and Oakland Gardens. I am not from the neighborhood, thus, I don't know the prices, but those areas were recommended by York students that I met while I was at the college. They are about 15-30min public transportation away from the college.

And @eakhan04, good luck and I'm sure more spots will arise. If I won't be able to register for the courses on time, I'll let the department know and forfeit my spot. I know how you feel, and it never feels good to be waitlisted but keep your hope high.

just got my acceptance letter!! but conditionally, i have to take the writing class over the summer. i am coming from out of state anybody know apartments with reasonable price around the college?

Hey! Congrats to those accepted! I'm going to be applying from another CUNY school, and I'm wondering about those York specific classes that don't have an equivalent. I'm assuming those are the classes they'll still conditionally accept you without having taken, and that you can take them the summer before the program starts? I'm thinking about these two:

Health Professions GC 101 - Basic Concepts of Health Professions

Writing 303 - Research and Writing for Professional Programs

Thanks!

Hey! Congrats to those accepted! I'm going to be applying from another CUNY school, and I'm wondering about those York specific classes that don't have an equivalent. I'm assuming those are the classes they'll still conditionally accept you without having taken, and that you can take them the summer before the program starts? I'm thinking about these two:

Health Professions GC 101 - Basic Concepts of Health Professions

Writing 303 - Research and Writing for Professional Programs

Thanks!

Yes, you are right, you will need to take it before the program starts.

I need to clarify on what I said before about HPGC101 and Writing 303 being must take at York, maybe I was misinformed or that I misunderstood, but it could be transferable. However, you need to talk to the people in the PA department, and have the course (HPGC) evaluated... (It might not be called HPGC in other universities). Lastly, I must say, the writing department are not so easy on their course equivalency, but if you have a BS/BA then it will be waived automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.. I just got an e-mail from the YORK PA program that I have been moved to # 1 on the waitlist. I am requesting anyone who has been accepted to YORK and is not their first choice and have been accepted elsewhere please call the office and let them know. I would really appreciate it. This will lift a lot of burden from me. Thank you once again!!!

Archived