Application cycle for the fall of 2013!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

I got an interview for april and I got the phone call sometime in feb. Im very nervous/ excitied! I dont know who called me however as a transfer student someone did tell me that some of my credits have not transferred but i do have the opportunity to complete these classes over the summer. I'll keep you guys updated

@shirin..... Stats doesn't get you into the program, it only gets you an interview... I'm not a 4.0 nor 3.0 but average for any pa school. I have seen people with 3.9gpa rejected, while 3.2gpa got in. I have come to realize that health care experience is major determinant. Volunteering and shadowing looks good, but won't necessary get you in. You'll need paid healthcare experience....I can't stress how important it is. And the interview ultimately makes or breaks you.

@knifetk4love, thank you very much for your input, it is much appreciated and helpful. How was the interview process? Is it a group interview? Also I was reading that you have to write an essay, is that true, and is it a basic type of essay or more behavioral question based. Also what type of paid healthcare experience do you recommend, I am currently working at a pharmaceutical company doing research, will that help in anyway. thanks again for you insight.

-shirin

Hello Guys , i was told by the school that i have to take Writing 303 - Research and Writing for Professional Programs because i dont have a bachelor but, i am having a problem finding the equivalent course in my school to take it on the summer . does anybody know a class i can take to substitute wrt 303?

Thanks

[TABLE=class: listing, width: 100%]

[TR=class: odd, bgcolor: #EEEEEE]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Shirin my interview is next week on the 25th! I have a 3.3 for my prereqs and 3.4 cum. I have a lot of health care experience ranging from medical assisting to surgical tech to pharm tech. I graduated with a bachelors in health information last May and have been working as a consultant since while applying. I don't have any extenuating circumstances and I consider myself a traditional applicant. Hopefully that help! =)

Archived