Prospective PA student...HELP.

Hello everyone ! I am currently a junior at Towson University. I am VERY interested in becoming a physician assistant. The main problem I am having is coming up with the PA hours needed to get accepted into a program. How can I get over 1000 hours of clinical work when I have no experience yet. I volunteered at hospitals and I'm working at a health center this summer but that is no where near enough ! WHAT DID YOU DO TO GET YOUR REQUIRED HOURS BEFORE APPLYING TO PA SCHOOL? =) Thanks.

You're only a junior. Get a part-time job on weekends as a patient care tech or something. Or, go work for a year after undergrad before applying to PA school. Trust me, getting 'real world' experience will not only help you grow as a person, but also professionally. You will be a better provider for it. There's a reason that most schools have that requirement... don't stress out, you have plenty of time, you're young!

Archived