Touro Bay Shore fall 2013 interview

HI, has anyone been accepted or put on hold after interviewing with the program.

I recently interviewed with Touro for the fall 2013 and got a letter stating that "the Admissions Committee has agreed to keep your application active for the next admissions cycle. At this time the Admissions Committee has placed your application in a HOLD status."

I am wondering if anyone else have gotten this letter and knows exactly what this means?

This is my top choice school and I would like to know if I still have a chance to get into the program in the fall.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations on your acceptance @mreid.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Touro. Last time I spoke with Jennifer, she told me that I am on the waiting list but that the admissions committee could go through the list at any time. She wouldn't tell me the number nor how many people on the list. The waiting game continues :(

Don't listen to onelane- Touro Manhattan and Bayshore are both great schools. I personally know current touro pa students at both programs that are very satisfied with the schools both academically and socially. I also know lots of amazing current pa practioners that have graduated from touro. I myself will be starting touro manhattan and couldn't be anymore happer in chosing touro as my program. Each experience is what you make out of it. You study hard work hard you will graduate and pass. You are surrounded by the most diverse city in the world. Whats better than that.

Doesn't make sense! Comments like that don't help prospective students anyway, if you're going to say a school is bad without any explanation its negligible in my book. I shadowed a PA that went to Bay shore and loved it. Who knows, maybe someone on the waiting list is trying to dissuade you guys. I'm naturally suspicious :;-):

I had a friend that went to bayshore and said they accept about 70 students a 2 a yr about 70 for bayshore campus and another campus they got call winthrp about 40 students which starts in later fall it is one of the easier pa schools to get into, but expensive and the staff is talored for italians, you would think it’s a jewish base school but no, so if you’re a minority she said they look for easy reasons to get rid of you. She said there are closet racist and look at the fb groups to see and u barely see minoritys in a ny school and they make your life very stressfull for no reason, she said she regret going there and then there is a tution that’s enormous like she owes 70 k towards the end. She said most of the kids make it rhu by popping adreall pills. But good luck if u got there

Oh yea she also said they take attendance treat you like a child if your late write you up, and 3 write ups can dismiss from the program she said you can be absent only if its a medical emergency and they purpose know a class may be canceled and keep you there with a gap, like lets say class starts 9-12 and the next one might start at 6-9 at night by the end ur tired and cant even studdy, they act as thou you have no other life to attend too. And she said they tell you this the first day this is a touro bubble meaning they have rules. Im just happy i didnt go there and i luv the pa school im at they actually want you to pass. And besides if you look at the pance passing rate for the school if 70 avg people get accept why only about 40-50 taking the boards at the end, you must see they get rid of you with the quickness and she said they look at it as there protecting there profession pa's and you must earn ur spot to be one of us. This is what she told me she went thru and almost had a nervous break down in there. So the choice is urs

The interview went ok, i felt like i could have done better. I was a lil nervous because my interview was by the director of the PA committee, so it was a lil intimidating. ON the other hand the questions were straight foward, and they were very nice. i submit my CASPA on Jan. 14, and i mail my supp a week later.

Archived