From a current Chatham student..

Hello all,

I'm starting this thread because I have heard (and sort of chuckled) over some of the things that have been said on this website. I am a current Chatham student and I would most definitely chose to come here again if I could do the whole application process over. I do think that you need to understand what sort of person you are and what works for you education wise. This school has both lecture and PBL. PBL, for those of you who are a little confused, consists of a small group of students (usually around 8) and one facilitator. The facilitator is a PA, with experience, and many times is a Chatham faculty or grad. You get a case presentation and you work with your group to figure out what you think the patient has and how to approach them. AKA what you need to do in real life! I will be the first to admit, it can be incredibly frustrating at times! But, when you combine that with the A&P class, the pharmacology class, and your physical diagnosis class, it all comes together. I recently got together with some friends who went to other PA schools over break and this ability to take something completely foreign and know how to find the information and figure things out made me feel extremely ahead of the game. On the units we had all accomplished in school, I knew just as much if not more as some of the strict lecture based programs.

I hope this helps to eliminate some of the cloudiness of the program and ensure that we are not all disgruntled or resentful towards the program! I can't speak for everyone, but my friends & peers, stressed out as we may be, are happy to be here! We are learning and on our way to becoming great PAs. I would hate to see anyone rule out Chatham, which has such a unique style of learning, because of fear that the students hate it. I'd be happy to answer any questions prospective students have. :smile:

• 7 months later...

Archived