Here's my situation..my sophomore year of college I was immature and unmotivated and ended up with a C+ in Biology II. Since then I've taken microbio, anatomy, physio, cell bio, parasitology and biochem with all As and Bs. I'm trying to boost my sGPA as I'm sitting at a 3.22 right now and I'm trying to decide if it really makes sense for me to retake Biology II considering that I've done well in a significant number of upper-level bio classes? Does anyone have any suggestions? I know my best bet is to ask admissions directors at the schools I'm interested in, but I thought I'd get ya'lls feedback as well.

Thanks in advance!

I agree with the above. Its best like you said to contact the programs you are interested in because some of them look for B or above in all prerequisites, or place a high emphasis on prerequisite GPA. In the latter case, it may benefit you particularly if a lot of the other sciences classes you have taken and done well in do not count as prerequisites for that program.

I wouldn't retake the one bio since you've already taken a few more advanced bio classes and did well in them. Be advised that it very well may come up during the interview (my C in orgo chem did), but just having a reasonable answer as to why there is a deviation from the norm on your transcript should be just fine. Your sGPA looks to be in good shape pending your cGPA is higher and your GRE score is above average (assuming the program you're looking at requires the GRE).

Archived