Accepted students

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those who got accepted, Congrats!!! Has anyone figured out their living situation??

Hi Soraya1217, Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear back from the interview... fingers crossed so tight that my knuckles may be permanently paled.

I currently live in Berkeley. I think any area here would be great, really, but I'm partial to Berkeley. There's an Alta Bates Hospital in South Berkeley and a free shuttle down to SMU (because there's another Alta Bates Hospital down there). Also, the bus ride from South Berkeley to campus is about 10 minutes. I'm new to the area so I know it's difficult navigating all of these patchworked towns, but if you need any help or are curious about a place, feel free to use me as a resource. You're going to love it in The Bay Area no matter what. It's seriously such an interesting place.

Good news for all who are waiting patiently: Pam has received the final list of accepted students last night , so she is making the phone calls today and tomorrow.

I just got off the phone with her because I was anticipating a formal packet in the mail, it turns out everything is done online/ via emails. - just an FYI to anticipate all correspondance through email or phone calls.

Best of luck to everyone!!! So excited for us all! I cant wait to meet my new classmates!

- Natalie

Just got off the phone with Pam. She said that everyone who interviewed will be contacted by email of their final status (accepted, denied, placement on the waiting list) by the end of the month. She said that not all seats are filled and that until you get the email you shouldn't feel completely ruled out. Apparently the faculty will be making final decisions next Tuesday and everyone would be contacted by the end of next week. Good luck to everybody! I'm still waiting as well and wanted to give an update to everyone else in the same position. One more week to go. :-)

Thank you for the information. I really appreciate everyone's comments and input on here. You all impress me very much with your compassion and willing to share information with others. I hope we are all classmates one day. :D, I am still waiting as well. Good luck to you and congrats to the ones that got in, I am so proud of EVERYONE for making it this far, and we all will become PAs one day.

HUGS

Congrats to all those accepted!! I know you all must be very excited!! Has any one else been accepted from the first interview on January the 19th? I am still waiting to hear and was curious if any applicants from that day have been accepted either yesterday or today! Thanks to everyone for the updates and good luck to all those awaiting news!!

Hi everyone, I got a call from SMU 2 days ago. Missed the call, darn! Called Pam back yesterday and she told me that I'm in! I hope that's correct. I'm still hoping to get a call from the faculty. I guess I did get in, but still am trying to believe it. I mean it was really competitive. I'm really happy and excited. I can't wait to meet the rest of my classmates!

I received a call from Dr. DeRosa on Thursday, but missed the call. I called back once or twice, OK maybe three times, but only got his voice mail. Received an acceptance email on Friday. I have also been accepted to UC Davis so I have a decision to make. Congratulations to all of you that have been accepted! Be patient and hopeful if you have been placed on the wait-list. Don't give up if you did not make it this year! Evaluate and proceed with determination! Good luck.

Archived