january 2014

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got accepted as well :). I moved all the way from Minnesota to the East Coast with my husband last fall so I really had to research the programs I was applying to. Its a great primary care program, however, I have met excellent surgical PAs that came from Manchester as well. For anyone interviewing, this was probably the more relaxed of the interviews I have had. I wouldn't be nervous going in- they just want to get to know you. Its a one-on-one interview so just be personal and be yourself. There is a secret hidden gem of a book written by Andrew Rodican as well that was a great help in preparing for my interviews. Good luck to anyone interviewing and I look forward to meeting fellow classmates :)

Any advice or recommendations for house searching or homes for rent? We will be moving from MN as well! Feel so far it is difficult to do online. Any help would be wonderful!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey slfoote thanks for coming in here! How is your first year going? I guess I'm just most confused about housing. Where do most people live? And do you just get a 1-year lease and then wait and see where clinicals are the 2nd year? So excited for January!

Hey esklar! My first year went great! It's both the slowest and fastest year you will ever experience. I know that sounds paradoxical, but it truly is super rewarding. And you learn way more than you ever thought was possible. I'm in my second year, actually on my fourth rotation, and it is going by even faster! Housing is actually not too bad around Manchester. I live in Bedford (which is the next town over), so I got to live at home. But there are plenty of apartment buildings close to campus, as well as people rent out houses and such. Normally with your acceptance packet, they provide you with a list of good housing options. I know some of my classmates lived at Manchester Place or Wall Street Towers. Both places aren't exactly cheap, but they are really close to campus and very nice. Most places will do a one year lease, so that's good, because rotations can take you all over New England. Out of the four I've done so far, two have been in CT. Housing is more sporadic 2nd year, but most rotation sites offer places to stay or people will offer up houses and whatnot. I would def wait until you find out your rotations (which you tend to find out in Sept-Oct) to decide your residence for 2nd year. January is coming up fast! Enjoy it :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone, congratulations on your acceptance to MCPHS! That's one huge hurdle out of the way and on to the next so don't sigh just yet hahaha jk What I mean is it's a big accomplishment getting this far in the process to becoming a PA but it's only 1/4 of the process (1)acceptance, 2)graduation, 3)PANCE, and 4)job acceptance) I'll be starting my rotations this year and am looking to sell the books I used for didactic year.  If anyone's interested, add me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/jessica.montemayor.92 and let me know via message or comment.  

Archived