january 2014

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sent my deposit in yesterday! Can't wait to meet everyone!

For those of you interviewing.. just relax and be yourself! They aren't trying to trick you with questions, they genuinely want to get to know you. They will ask you why PA, not MD or NP; and how your background has prepared you for their program. They do a great job of making you relax! The writing sample wasn't a big deal.. just read a short article and write a short response. Good luck!

Hey, Im in the same boat. Coming from NYC don't know anyone there either lol. Which campus did you get accepted to ?

You just read an article and state your view on the issue

For those accepted, I need a place to stay too! I'm from Indiana so I literally know NOTHING about the area and everyone graduating with me is either going to Chicago or St. Louis or something midwest so I know no one! Should be fun :)

For those accepted, I need a place to stay too! I'm from Indiana so I literally know NOTHING about the area and everyone graduating with me is either going to Chicago or St. Louis or something midwest so I know no one! Should be fun smile.gif

I grew up in Manchester. So if I you have questions PM me and I will do my best to answer them. Congratulations on getting into the program.

Did anyone from the last interview group stay over in a hotel before the interview? I'm about 2 hours away so I'm thinking about driving up the night before and just crashing somewhere so I'm not rushing there in the morning of. Didn't know if anyone could recommend somewhere to stay. Just looking for something clean with a shower!

I stayed at "The Worcester" you can literally see the campus from the front of the hotel. Its a block away. Very convenient and it also has good breakfast incase you need it lol.

Did anyone from the last interview group stay over in a hotel before the interview? I'm about 2 hours away so I'm thinking about driving up the night before and just crashing somewhere so I'm not rushing there in the morning of. Didn't know if anyone could recommend somewhere to stay. Just looking for something clean with a shower!

I stayed at "The Worcester" you can literally see the campus from the front of the hotel. Its a block away. Very convenient and it also has good breakfast incase you need it lol.

Hmm couldn't find that... I ended up just getting a room at the Radisson...seems like it's right down the street for campus. Getting super anxious now! Really hope the interview goes well. Anyone else going on the 18th? When did you all find out after the interview one way or the other?

Starting to get nervous for Thursday! Does anyone who already interviewed mind sharing was there just one interview or were there a few different people to meet? And was it one-on-one or a panel? I looked on their website it seemed like just a one-on-one interview (it says an hour to more than a few hours depending on the program) but I wasn't sure if that was for undergraduate students or graduate students. Anyone mind sharing a little info? Thanks!

Starting to get nervous for Thursday! Does anyone who already interviewed mind sharing was there just one interview or were there a few different people to meet? And was it one-on-one or a panel? I looked on their website it seemed like just a one-on-one interview (it says an hour to more than a few hours depending on the program) but I wasn't sure if that was for undergraduate students or graduate students. Anyone mind sharing a little info? Thanks!

It's a one-on-one interview and it's really relaxed. There is also a writing component for like 20 or 30 minutes. They also give a tour. No panels or anything like that - they keep it simple.

I got accepted as well :). I moved all the way from Minnesota to the East Coast with my husband last fall so I really had to research the programs I was applying to. Its a great primary care program, however, I have met excellent surgical PAs that came from Manchester as well. For anyone interviewing, this was probably the more relaxed of the interviews I have had. I wouldn't be nervous going in- they just want to get to know you. Its a one-on-one interview so just be personal and be yourself. There is a secret hidden gem of a book written by Andrew Rodican as well that was a great help in preparing for my interviews. Good luck to anyone interviewing and I look forward to meeting fellow classmates :)

I got accepted as well :). I moved all the way from Minnesota to the East Coast with my husband last fall so I really had to research the programs I was applying to. Its a great primary care program, however, I have met excellent surgical PAs that came from Manchester as well. For anyone interviewing, this was probably the more relaxed of the interviews I have had. I wouldn't be nervous going in- they just want to get to know you. Its a one-on-one interview so just be personal and be yourself. There is a secret hidden gem of a book written by Andrew Rodican as well that was a great help in preparing for my interviews. Good luck to anyone interviewing and I look forward to meeting fellow classmates :)

I spoke with an alum and she said to stick as close to the campus as possible. She lived only a mile and a half away and drove to school but she said that with traffic it could take 20-30 minutes. I am thinking renting out a house is a good idea and Manchester is relatively cheap.

I spoke with an alum and she said to stick as close to the campus as possible. She lived only a mile and a half away and drove to school but she said that with traffic it could take 20-30 minutes. I am thinking renting out a house is a good idea and Manchester is relatively cheap.

Archived