Current Students: Class Schedules

• 2 weeks later...

So I am trying to figure out my living situation because my sister goes to school at USF, I was wondering if its better to live on the Emeryville side or downtown SF?? I have and car and she would be using the transportation system. Which way would traffic be worse?? I know cost of living is cheaper on the Emeryville side, but how bad would the commute be to USF? THANKS!!!

If you rent in Emeryville, commute time to USF by car ~40 minutes (FYI there is no parking at USF); commute by Bart to USF (from MacArthur station to Civic Center), then 5 Fulton off Larkin St (which drops you off right in front of USF) would also take ~40 minutes.

Now, commute time from SF to Emeryville by car ~35 minutes (and you have to pay a poll fee every time); commute by Bart to Oakland, assuming you live by USF ~40 min.

My recommendation is you pick the East Bay. I live in Emeryville and my husband attends USF, so we had this same dilemma, but Im happy we chose to stay here instead. Days at school quickly becoming nights and last thing you wanna do is ride Bart/drive to SF at night after a long day at school.

Any other questions, just lmk.

Congrats on being accepted !!!

Archived