University of Detroit Mercy- Applying NOW 2013

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cakolp-- did you mean still reviewing apps and offering interviews until Mid-April? I was told on the phone that calls are suppose to go out until the end of March and scheduling interviews until April.

Anyway, still waiting here too. I got a 301 on my GRE and 4.0 on writing. 3.5 overall gpa, 3.8 science gpa. I have 8,000 hours of HCE. My letters of rec were from 2 doctors (1 supervised PA's) that I worked with. I'm still hoping they call :( Keep up your hopes everyone!

Did anyone get a call this time that didn't last time? (if this was your 2nd time applying?)

cakolp-- did you mean still reviewing apps and offering interviews until Mid-April? I was told on the phone that calls are suppose to go out until the end of March and scheduling interviews until April.

Anyway, still waiting here too. I got a 301 on my GRE and 4.0 on writing. 3.5 overall gpa, 3.8 science gpa. I have 8,000 hours of HCE. My letters of rec were from 2 doctors (1 supervised PA's) that I worked with. I'm still hoping they call :( Keep up your hopes everyone!

Did anyone get a call this time that didn't last time? (if this was your 2nd time applying?)

The email I received said still reviewing apps and extending interviews until mid-April (this is what the email reply said to me last week). I have 3.8 overall and 3.8 science. lelawadi, what did you do for you HCE? GRE may be the only thing that marks against me (298 overall and 3.5 analytical...I've only taken it once, though.). I did one LOR from professor/academic advisor and one PA supervisor. So hard to keep my hopes up, though.

The email I received said still reviewing apps and extending interviews until mid-April (this is what the email reply said to me last week). I have 3.8 overall and 3.8 science. lelawadi, what did you do for you HCE? GRE may be the only thing that marks against me (298 overall and 3.5 analytical...I've only taken it once, though.). I did one LOR from professor/academic advisor and one PA supervisor. So hard to keep my hopes up, though.

This is good news!

Cakolp: My patient care hours are a mash up of 3 different positions. I have dental hygiene patient hours, I worked in an OR assisting nurses with pre-op surgical prep, and as an ophthalmic photographer associate and I got some patient contact that way too. I accumulated that over about 4-5 years. I took the GRE 1x too. Isn't the minimum they need 290? or 291 for GRE? At the info meeting they said they weren't too concerned with GRE, as long as you get the 291 it says to them you can handle grad school.

This is good news!

Cakolp: My patient care hours are a mash up of 3 different positions. I have dental hygiene patient hours, I worked in an OR assisting nurses with pre-op surgical prep, and as an ophthalmic photographer associate and I got some patient contact that way too. I accumulated that over about 4-5 years. I took the GRE 1x too. Isn't the minimum they need 290? or 291 for GRE? At the info meeting they said they weren't too concerned with GRE, as long as you get the 291 it says to them you can handle grad school.

Wondering if the last interviews weren't on Wednesday? No one posted having interviews scheduled past that date. I looked back at the thread from last year and after the last interview date it was about a week later that people found out that they were in. They found out on the 11th last year. Here's to hoping we find out before the 15th.

Archived