University of Detroit Mercy- Applying NOW 2013

Hey fellow UDM applicants,

Started a new thread for this cycle, as all others are from last year! Hope we can support each other here, answer questions, and if accepted find roommates too! The deadline for supplementary submission is quickly approaching, Feb 15,2013!!!

Good Luck!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to you as well! This is my second time applying to UDM (didn't get an interview the first time). Hopefully with my increase in hours, volunteer experience, and GPA, I'll be lucky enough to get an interview.

I just received an email saying that my application is ready for review and that they start reviewing applications in January. Maybe they wont keep us waiting as long as last yr! :)

I was interviewed last year, and thought the staff and students were very welcoming. I asked for an analysis of my app after I was not accepted. They said to increase my GRE score ( it is 293) and increase my prereqs and GPA which both go up as you complete the prereqs. Hopefully, this time will go more smoothly.

My feedback was similar, and I improved most of what they suggested, however I did not re-take the GRE. I took the older version of the GRE and received a 980 the first time and a 1010 the second, with a 5.5 on the writing. The feedback from other schools said not to waste my money on retaking it, so I didn't. Hopefully that decision doesn't hurt me.

My feedback was similar, and I improved most of what they suggested, however I did not re-take the GRE. I took the older version of the GRE and received a 980 the first time and a 1010 the second, with a 5.5 on the writing. The feedback from other schools said not to waste my money on retaking it, so I didn't. Hopefully that decision doesn't hurt me.

That's the only part i didn't do either. I'm also hoping it doesn't hurt me. Moreover, I didn't realize you couldn't change your data after submitting to other schools. so, now I have to submit my previous material. Although my reasons for wanting to be a PA haven't changed stated on my PS, I wanted to offer new LORs.

Good job on the GRE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

3.34 cumulative, 3.7 science at Wayne state university. I don't remember how many patient care hours I think roughly 4000-6000 in offices and on the oncology / hospice floor at St. John hospital and I've been there for 6.5 years. Idk what else is considered stats...

I graduated from the University of Michigan in 2011. My GPA is between 3.0 and 3.5, with science GPA a little higher. I have about 5,000 paid patient care hours and about 700 volunteer patient care hours. I've been working as a medical assistant for a cardiologist ever since I graduated from UofM, and worked as a nursing assistant during school. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Sherm1cn, I wouldn't be too concerned yet. After reading the threads from previous years it looks like calls go out for interviews about a week before the scheduled interview date. I'm waiting along with you! Congrats to relbathy and reddjillian and good luck Monday!

Archived