A common question...

I'm sure many have asked this before, but how difficult is it to find a job outside of the state where you graduated from PA school as a new grad? This is assuming you weren't able to do an out-of-state rotation. Any advice from people who found jobs in different states right after graduation, or people who know of others who did this would be much appreciated!

I was told that its good to make sure to join the PA society in the states your interested in a little early, get on the mailing list, try to make some networking events early as well. Networking is the key. It one of the things i like about knowing people in the class ahead of me as well. They will have been in the real world for a year by the time I graduate and could be great resources when I start my own hunt...

I went to school in PA and had a job in CA 2 mo after graduation. This was before the internet though so the only job ads out there were in pa mags and the classifieds. it's a lot easier now to find a job then it was then.

start looking 6 months before graduation, join the pa society of the state you are interested in and start sending out letters a few weeks before graduation to potential future employers.

Archived