Accepted Hofstra University PA Students Class of 2015

I have been accepted at Hofstra and sent in my deposit. I have not been accepted into any other schools yet - still have to hear back from Western and TUN, and I am waitlisted for Salus. So right now I'm attending Hofstra.

I'm from the LA area in California. I'm excited/scared to move all the way out to NY but PA school is sooo worth it. And I really liked Hofstra, the campus was beautiful and reminded me of my alma mater. I liked that they emphasized the value of research - I do research so that appealed to me.

My concern about the program was the secondary asked about working in underserved communities. I asked them at the interview if they had opportunities for community service and outreach, and they said not really. Seems a little hypocritical to me, but maybe they're working on it. And honestly I realize that I'll barely have time to sleep in PA school, much less volunteer, but it would be nice to be able to do that, you know?

Anyway, that's my 2c for now...what about anybody else?

Hi, I'm Mike.

I was accepted into Hofstra, Mercy and NYIT and I'm currently undecided. I'm leaning slightly toward Hofstra but I put down a deposit both there and at NYIT. Now I just have to make up my mind. I'm a local so if you have any questions about NYC or LI I can try and answer them for you.

I thought they said there is a cadaver lab in the med school building so PA students can use. Is that right?

Hofstra does have a cadaver lab in the med school building that we use and it's really nice. The anatomy course also comes with simulation software that was surprisingly good.

-Class of 2014 student

That's strange, the director told us there was no cadaver lab, not even for the medical students. Thanks for clarifying!!

• 2 weeks later...

hello!

I am also planning on attending Hofstra and had the similar concerns about living at/around Hofstra. I was hoping to get an apartment with roommates close to the campus... I am not sure if they have living arrangements for pa students directly on campus... but I was really hoping to get an apt/condo/room with other Hofstra PA girls...

Hello everyone!

I've been accepted to Hofstra University and sent in my deposit. I'm planning on attending Hofstra this coming fall. I'm coming from Michigan and was wondering if any of you have thought about living arrangements yet? Excited to meet everyone.

Interview Friday 22 was wait listed. Got e-mail yesterday. Was not very impressed with the program( not cadaver Lab not stimulation, books based type of study, really not something for me). They should invest some money to the program I think. Good luck to you all.

Archived