Prospective PA applicant looking for Shadowing opportunity in CT

January 17, 2013

To Forum:

My name is Joseph a prospective Physician Assistant applicant and I am contacting you in regards to a possible shadowing opportunity. I live in the New Haven area and was hoping if it would be possible to obtain a shadowing experience in my local community.

I currently work as a Senior Associate Researcher at Mount Sinai School of Medicine for the Department of Pharmacology and Systems Therapeutics. My current research is focused around understanding the transcriptional and translational factors controlling neuronal plasticity. All though my current employment involves no direct patient care or observation hours I do have a prior employment history in the healthcare field. For example, I worked as a physical therapist assistant in a clinic in Harrison, New York and as an Emergency Medical Technician for the state of New York. I have also spent time during my undergraduate studies at Union college (class of 2006) studying healthcare administration, and received my Masters in Public Health from Mount Sinai School of Medicine.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Joseph M. Seco

• 1 year later...

Archived