Anyone do the MHS program first?

• 3 months later...

Yes, I did the MHS program first and will be entering the PA class in July. The MHS program is structured so that you take some of the first year medical schools courses with the DO students. Because of this, the program is more geared toward DO/medical school. However, half of my MHS classmates were pre-pa. Just because you are guaranteed an interview, it does not mean that you will be accepted into Touro’s PA program. The PA program at touro is currently their most competitive program in the whole school, even more so than the DO program. If you decide to do the MHS program, make sure your grades in the program are pretty strong coming out of it (B’s and higher). The PA admissions at Touro wait until our first semester grades come out to interview us. This means that we didn’t get interviewed until mid-January, which was the very last interview date. By the time they interviewed us, most of the PA 15 class (the one we were interviewing for) were already accepted. There were 10 people in my MHS class who applied to the PA program and out of that 10, we had a couple of students who were at the top of the MHS class. Touro only accepted 5 out of the ten, and waitlisted the rest of us. What was confusing was that some of those waitlisted were on the top of our MHS class. Slowly, 4 more of us were pulled off of the waitlist, but the last two were accepted mainly because touro decided to increase their entering PA class size by 2 students. What I am trying to say is that just because you are in the MHS program at touro, it does not guarantee that you will get into the PA program. If you already have the grades and experience, I would suggest to apply very early and not do the MHS program. The MHS program could make or break you. It is a very difficult program and the admissions committee expects you to not only pass, but to do very well in it. Also because we take classes with DO’s, we are fmiliar with the DO facultly. The PA faculty were the ones interviewing us and we did not know them.

Yes, I did the MHS program first and will be entering the PA class in July. The MHS program is structured so that you take some of the first year medical schools courses with the DO students. Because of this, the program is more geared toward DO/medical school. However, half of my MHS classmates were pre-pa. Just because you are guaranteed an interview, it does not mean that you will be accepted into Touro’s PA program. The PA program at touro is currently their most competitive program in the whole school, even more so than the DO program. If you decide to do the MHS program, make sure your grades in the program are pretty strong coming out of it (B’s and higher). The PA admissions at Touro wait until our first semester grades come out to interview us. This means that we didn’t get interviewed until mid-January, which was the very last interview date. By the time they interviewed us, most of the PA 15 class (the one we were interviewing for) were already accepted. There were 10 people in my MHS class who applied to the PA program and out of that 10, we had a couple of students who were at the top of the MHS class. Touro only accepted 5 out of the ten, and waitlisted the rest of us. What was confusing was that some of those waitlisted were on the top of our MHS class. Slowly, 4 more of us were pulled off of the waitlist, but the last two were accepted mainly because touro decided to increase their entering PA class size by 2 students. What I am trying to say is that just because you are in the MHS program at touro, it does not guarantee that you will get into the PA program. If you already have the grades and experience, I would suggest to apply very early and not do the MHS program. The MHS program could make or break you. It is a very difficult program and the admissions committee expects you to not only pass, but to do very well in it. Also because we take classes with DO’s, we are fmiliar with the DO facultly. The PA faculty were the ones interviewing us and we did not know them.

Archived