Best Hospital Systems to work for in NY?

I'm considering a change of pace and was hoping some of you could suggest great employers in NY (hospitals in particular).

goodluck, they all suck as employers in nyc

I would imagine if you studied medicine for years and are a professional the 1199 do nothing job is not a good fit. Mark my words ... NYC and PA's do not have a good present or future together. Alot of PA school factories exist in NYC and surrounding regions. Alot of PAs in the market .. salaries not very high. NYC hospitals can be great places to learn ... Montefiore and NY Presbyterian are two examples of institutions that offer a great experience. Montefiore also offers good autonomy not sure about NY Pres. I would recommend North Shore LIJ Hospital System. This is probably one of the biggest hospital systems in the US and is a great place to have a career. They offer alot of opportunity. I know a few PAs who started in ortho or general medicine and then went on to have North Shore pay for an MBA and/or leadership training and now run a division

NYC PA-S graduating in August here was wondering if the job market specifically in NYC/long island area difficult to land a job? I understand its all about the connection, but at my current rotation it's pretty difficult to even get in touch with the attendings since they're so busy. Would definately appreciate any words of wisdom out there!

Archived