Sign in to follow this  
homerchat2003

ACCEPTED: NSU Physician Assistant Class of 2015 (Ft. Myers - Facebook Group)

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!

One of our future fellow students was nice enough to create a Facebook group for the NSU Fort Myers C/O 2015. Please only join if you've been offered and accepted a seat in the class.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/166912143455710/

Good luck to everyone during this application/interview cycle!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By daydreamy
      I guess I'll get this started because I have a question!
      Has anyone gotten to the section on the supplemental that asks about the other PA programs your applying to? Do you know why this information might be relevant? I haven't been asked this question by other schools!
    • By CornellSPA
      Attention Pre-PAs! Getting into PA school has become very competitive, and many school now have more than 20-25 applicants for each open seat. 
      Here is a meeting you do not want to miss!
      The American Association of Surgical PAs will be hosting a Pre-PA Info/mentoring seminar, practice one on one interviews, and essay reviews in ORLANDO, FLORIDA JANUARY 19th, 2018 (Friday), starting at 1600! There will be a 3-4 hour coaching session and plenty of time after for practice interviews and essay reviews.  At the end, receive via email a certificate of attendance from AASPA to dress up your CASPA application! 
      Student will be able to meet PA leaders and admission committee members  and learn first hand tips and tricks to become a successful PA Program applicant.
       Some of the topics to be covered include: 
      -Overview of the PA Profession -How to get a shadow
      -PA Profession news that all applicants need to know
      -Essentials of Academic prerequisites
      -Health care/patient care prerequisites
      -How to deal with CASPA
      -PA-wanna-be essays
      -How to stand out as an applicant

Attending this seminar attendees receive:
      Unique certificate of attendance suitable for listing on PA applications
      Copies of all PowerPoint slides and lecture materials
      One on one opportunities to speak with PAs serving on admission committees
      Unique tips, tricks, and advice you can't get from a book or a website.

The event is hosted by AASPA and given by volunteer Surgical PAs, PA school faculty members, and admissions experts Register at AASPA.COM ($65)   For any questions, please contact ceo@aaspa.com.  AASPA Pre-PA Flyer-final.pdf
    • By MissMeidar88
      Hello everyone!!!!

This is my first time posting on this forum so i'm hoping I'm doing it right. 
      A little bit about my background: I went to the University of Miami (2014) and graduated with a GPA of 3.0 with a bachelors of Microbiology and Immunology and minors in Biology and Chemistry. 
      Then I went on and got my masters at Barry University in Biomedical Sciences and graduated this past May (2016) with a GPA of 3.6

I have a 2 year research experience at the microbiology lab at Miller school of Medicine in Miami, 160 hours of shadowing with different physicians (Urology, Obgyn, Neurosurgery and Anesthesiology) 

Also, I have accumulated over 120 hours volunteering at Cleveland Clinic florida at the ER working on both health care experience (greeting and bringing patients to the back, restocking the shelves, providing blankets and pillows to patients, serving food and also cleaning the rooms, organizing the charts and more...) as well as direct patient care (taking the patients vitals such as blood pressure, measuring height and weight, oxygen saturation and more...) so basically my ER hours can be used for both sections on the CASPA

I have all my letters of recommendations (one from a PA, one from a charged nurse at the ER and one from my director in grad school) but I haven't taken my GRE yet! 

My problem is that I am not sure this is competitive enough, should I go and get certified as a CNA or even MA or even a scribe? or should I apply right now with what I have so far? is it too late to apply?

I'm interested in applying to all schools in Florida but my first choice is Nova in Orlando. 

I need your opinion please!! 
    • By dropthepuck16
      Figured we were the only Nova class without their own page and instead of piggy-backing on last year's forum we should have our own. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted I look forward to meeting you all. Everyone who hasn't been accepted yet, is on the wait list, or looking to come here next year feel free to post any questions. Hope this helps everyone out!
    • By FormerPirateFuturePA
      Not sure if a thread has been started for this cycle. I applied in early May but haven't heard anything. Has anyone else applied this cycle?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More