5 year PA Program. My son just got accepted!!

My son is a senior in high school and decided that DeSales is the only program for him. It is 1 1/4 hour from home, small quiet, safe school out in the countryside but close enough to Quakertown and Allentown. DeSales Program Director Christine Bruce PA-C has developed a #1 program. He applied to the college and got accepted and then had to apply/interview with the PA Director for acceptance into their program. Today less than a week after his interview he got his acceptance into the PA program. It is a 5 year BA/MS/PA-c program. All he needs to do is maintain a 3.0 in his science classes and overall and he is automatically accepted into the PA phase. No reapplying.

I am soo proud and he is so happy!! He will start Sept 2011.

Has anyone else applied or been accepted?

• 8 months later...

Congrats to your son, cobramarty! I am graduating from the DeSales PA program next Saturday. He couldn't have picked a better school. It was a rigorous yet wonderful experience. I came in as a graduate and did the professional phase of the program. Best of luck to him.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The program and teachers and not supportive. Ask about the number of people that actually finish the pa program. Not very good. The one teacher for a science was not good, when asked C.B. for intervention she denied. We all were left high and dry. find another school

I graduated from DeSales this year and I assure you it is a top-notch program. I was a graduate student there so I can't comment on the undergrad portion, but my colleagues who went through the 5-year program were universally positive about their experience. They're going through a rapid expansion phase, to include a new building and cadaver lab opening next Fall. DeSales has an outstanding reputation in the Lehigh Valley area and are consistently in the top 10% in the nation on PANCE scores.

Congratulations to your son and be confident in your decision. He'll receive a great education there.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I recently received acceptance into the 5 year program at Desales and am wondering if I should go. I also was accepted to Seton Hall's program which is 6 years. I am having a lot of trouble deciding which is the best choice. I know they are both 25 in the country and have excellent pass rates for the PANCE. Seron hall is a little bigger which I think I would enjoy and it is by new York city so I could probably get some great clinical rotations there. Desales is 5 years though which is great because I can get out into the field quicker but I am not sure if it will be too hard and Desales is a little small. Can someone please help me on deciding!

Archived