Prerequisites in Progress for USC

Hi, Everyone.

I have read and re-read the information that USC has on their website about having prerequisites in progress, and I was wondering if anybody could just verify that the following is true:

1. All non-science prerequisites must be done by June the year of matriculation (so, for me, by June 2014).

2. All science prerequisites must be done by the end of the fall semester the year you submit your application (so, for me, by December 2013), BUT its okay to submit CASPA with science prerequisites still in progress.

And lastly, does anybody know if USC suspends your application until ALL your prerequisites come in, or if they go ahead and review it as is?

Basically, I was hoping to submit in May/June, but will have one or two science classes in progress at that point.

@ktcan10, you are correct on all accounts. And USC does not suspend your application while prerequisites are in progress. They will review it alongside everyone else's and your acceptance will be contingent upon proper completion/submittal of prereqs. and transcripts in Dec. '13 for science prereqs and June '14 for any non-science prereqs. Early submission is the way to go, I submitted CASPA first week of July and my secondary mid-August and landed a spot in the first interview in Oct. I was accepted a week+ later, very relieving to be done and stress free so early in the acceptance process. Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions regarding USC's application process and best of luck on your journey to become a PA :)

Archived