If you passed PANCE, how were you scoring on packrats .... I'm so nervous!!

Hey! I'm taking the PANCE in a few weeks and have no idea how to assess if I am prepared as I keep hearing things about the PANCE being harder/different from previous years. This is my first time taking this exam.

I'm scoring 150-160s on my packrats & getting 65%-70% on my kaplan qbank timed exams. Also I took a practice NCCPA a week ago & scored in the green for almost every subject with the exception of 2 in borderline & 2 in red ... so have been reviewing that information again.

Any advice you have or have heard of would be greatly appreciated ... I just need to know if I'm ok or if maybe I need to postpone exam a little. Thanks so much guys!!

I was scoring identical to you and did just fine on the PANCE...its definitely more challenging than the Packrats but scoring 65-70% on the timed tests and ur nccpa practice scores I think ur definitely on the right track . just my humble opinion but just keep reading questions and understanding them. Your base is there just knock it out when its time.

• 3 months later...
Hey I was wondering if you took the PANCE yet a did you passed ;) I am using the Kaplan qbank and getting high 60s low 70s. Just wanted to know if that would correlate with passing. Thank you!

You're doing better than I was. I was getting in the 50's and got a 500 on the PANCE.

Hey I was wondering if you took the PANCE yet a did you passed ;) I am using the Kaplan qbank and getting high 60s low 70s. Just wanted to know if that would correlate with passing. Thank you!

You're doing better than I was. I was getting in the 50's and got a 500 on the PANCE.

Hello everyone,

I am taking the PANCE exam next week and have a few questions. I have done Kaplan, Exam master, the Davis book and the AAPA book. I have been scoring 62% and up on all of my exams. I also took both of the NCCPA practice exams which showed improvement from boderline/high proficiency (they use colors red ( low proficiency), yellow( boderline proficiency) and Green (high proficiency)) on the first exam to high proficiency on the second exam. I scored in the Green ( high proficiency) in all sections but GI and Musk (red/boderline) I am going over these sections again. I am pretty sure I am ready for the exam just a little nervous about it. Is there anything else I should do or focus on to better prepare myself?

Also for those who passed what were your scores on the practice questions you used

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone in this thread is doing everything right -- and your scores are good enough, in my opinion. Stay calm and focused; choose to get some wrong, work hard on the top 5 (CV, pulm, GI, EENT (do NOT forget EENT!!!), and ortho or women's health (whichever one you don't like) and you will be good. Let me know how you do.

jackie kazik from CME Resources

Hi,

I took the PANCE on 5/13, passed and did well. This is how I studied.

I spent 8 weeks studying I used Hippo, AAPA book, PA Board Review by Van Rhee, Step up to medicine.

I studied all topics but spent significantly more time on the 6 big sections (CV, Pulm, GI, Ortho, EENT, OB/GYN)

As far as practice questions I did the AAPA pre/post test questions as well as 1200 questions from PANCE MASTER.

1 weeks before my exam I took an NCCPA exam and I was in the green in all sections except for 2 of the smaller sections I was in yellow, however overall I was well in the green and that really calmed me down.

I spent 6 days before my exam going over the 6 big sections, 1 day per section to review it again so the information is fresh in my mind. The night before my exam I reviewed all the questions that I had missed when doing PANCE MASTER.

Good luck studying, you just need to be focused while you're studying and put the time in. The PANCE is hard but preparing well will help. Scoring well on the top 6 sections will make up if you didn't do so well on the smaller sections.

got results today, as expected.

I passed, officially a PA-C!!

i got 425, fiancee 423. It was the hardest test I've ever taken. I had a 3.9 in didactic and finished with a 3.81 (damn surgery rotation.. long story, not my fault). I'm pretty good with getting high grades and doing well on tests... this was a doosey.

Archived