'Eat Their Young'

Do you believe the ‘older/wiser’ physician assistants, doctors and nurses ‘eat their young?’ I have been taught to work as a team and NOT to work in Lateral Violence. I feel WE need to learn to work as a cohesive unit to protect the patient and make sure they receive the best care WE can give them. When I do become a PA I want to help the newbies/young/inexperienced starting out by feeling they are part of a team and NOT on opposing sides. Maybe I am naïve thinking this because I have not seen the real medical world (granted most of my own experiences so far has not been fully ‘health care’ based, mostly in research), but I have vowed when I do become a PA I want to help the freighted and inexperienced. Isn’t that why WE all of us are here, WE want to help, NOT hurt.

Maybe I should post this in the Professional PA section or PA Students ...

Cant say Ive ever seen it. i have seen individual situations where know it all newbies come in (that's not always taken real well), I have seen people who are mean to everyone simply because thats who they are or they simply hate their life. I wouldnt take those individual cases and apply those to the a large group though.....some people are just mean spirited

The reason I say I see it in nursing is there are always nurses who are bitter when they see young nurses moving on to NP/CRNA, and then the associate degree RNs getting angry at the young BSN or MSN RN because they know they will move up the ladder and be there boss soon. It's a Napoleon complex really.

Archived