The University of Tennessee PA Program

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone a Tennessee resident that recieved an interview to UTHSC? I feel like the majority that are interviewing are out of state residents. Just saw the proposed tuition for the PA program for out of state residents.. boy oh boy

Got a link? In my interview we were trying to figure out if I counted as a Tennesseean. Born in Memphis, family lives in Tennessee, but I have been in Illinois since I went to grad school.

Thanks! Pretty well in line with the other schools I'm

Looking at. Hello student loans. Hopefully we can establish Tennessee residency fairly quickly if we get in!!

I'm not looking forward to more loans, but there is no way around it. Chandra said that they are actively looking for scholarship opportunities and the like, but it is a work in progress.

Thanks, jaaldana! I appreciate it. JMann - Thanks, and congrats. We could use some inside info on Memphis when the time comes. I'll be in touch with you. It will be nice to talk and perhaps meet at some point before class starts. It is a small class. It would be good to start getting to know each other.

Now we just need to pray for accreditation! LOL

Congrats, soxman. Look forward to meeting you. I don't really think accreditation will be a problem. Chandra said that they only had one small issue during the last meeting with the accreditation folks, and they have taken care of it. They have the support of the UT system, so it will get done.

Just got back from my interview with the admissions crew. I was pretty blown away by everyone, even the people that interviewed today! The staff is incredibly nice and Ms. Johnson is basically an awesome human being. I interviewed with Ms. Turner- the program director, Mr. Allman and Mrs(Ms?) Allen. They all had insightful questions relevant to my application. They are incredibly genuine people and I know there is so much I can learn from them. Since the faculty :student ratio is so distinguished from other programs, I can imagine it must be very difficult for anyone to turn down an acceptance offer. There are some pretty cool things that are going to happen in Memphis this January. Best of luck to all and congrats to those accepted!!

Archived