From Certificate to Masters?

I went through this a few years ago. I graduated PA school with a certificate and no Bachelors. The University of Washington required a year of a foreign language for a Bachelors and I didn't have it and couldn't make that happen. I coasted along then found that A.T. Still was the only school that would offer a Bachelor equivalent based upon review of your education and experience and allow you into their Masters program. Worked for me and hope that helps.

Thomas Edison State college does that (allow you to transfer in 120 credits, build a degree, take a capstone course and BAM you have a BS in interdisciplinary studies) theres a few others as well....mainly around for military folks but they take anyone that has a bunch of credits and not BS/BA

I went through this a few years ago. I graduated PA school with a certificate and no Bachelors. The University of Washington required a year of a foreign language for a Bachelors and I didn't have it and couldn't make that happen. I coasted along then found that A.T. Still was the only school that would offer a Bachelor equivalent based upon review of your education and experience and allow you into their Masters program. Worked for me and hope that helps.

I've been practicing for the last 8 years with a certificate and I'm interested in getting my masters to eventually teach. I was hoping to find some info here on those bridge programs but I had trouble.

Does anyone have any insight into those programs?

Thanks

Jojo

ATSU has a bachelor's equivalency. I am finishing up this year.

Here is the page that mentions the BA/BS equivalency (Second Paragraph):

http://www.atsu.edu/ashs/online_programs/physician_assistant/index.htm

Archived