Current Students

• 4 weeks later...

I've only been here for 3 weeks as a student. I really love it! They teachers are really nice and they have an open door policy because they want you to be successful. However, it is very rigorous work and it takes a lot of dedication. I only interviewed at South and I fell in love instantly. They are really laid back in their interview style and they are very transparent when it comes to getting to know their school. They let the current 1st year students talk to you away from the campus the night before the interview so you can ask whatever questions you want about the program. Good luck to you!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, @atucker8

I was invited to the June 20-21st interview session and I've read a lot of the information on the thread about what the interview was like. I was just wondering if you have any additional information? It's my first interview and I'm a bit on the nervous side, so any advice will help :)

Hi, beacy8911.

Relax! the faculty that you interview with is wonderful. They really put you at ease. It was my first interview ever and I was nervous as well. You get to meet the staff/faculty the day before. The night before, you get to meet some of the current students and go out to eat with them and ask them questions. Whatever you ask or say will not be reported back to the professors. So you can ask them whatever you want. You also get to go on a tour of Savannah.

As for the interview, you will have two one on one interviews with the PA faculty. And you will meet with the program director. This one is not an interview. The program director is just asking a few questions to get to know you better. You will be with two other candidates for this part of the interview process.

My advice? Have your answer for why you want to be a PA down pat! Don't answer it with why you want to go into medicine. Also, know why you want to go to this school and why you applied here.

Google behavioral interviews, because this is the style of interviews that they conduct. They will ask you a few questions just to see how you would behave in certain situations and what kind of student you will be. I didn't have answers memorized, other than what I told you to have down solid.

Remember all the cliche things, dress professionally, be personable, and relax!

Good luck to you! Let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to help.

• 1 year later...

Hi, beacy8911.

Relax! the faculty that you interview with is wonderful. They really put you at ease. It was my first interview ever and I was nervous as well. You get to meet the staff/faculty the day before. The night before, you get to meet some of the current students and go out to eat with them and ask them questions. Whatever you ask or say will not be reported back to the professors. So you can ask them whatever you want. You also get to go on a tour of Savannah.

As for the interview, you will have two one on one interviews with the PA faculty. And you will meet with the program director. This one is not an interview. The program director is just asking a few questions to get to know you better. You will be with two other candidates for this part of the interview process.

My advice? Have your answer for why you want to be a PA down pat! Don't answer it with why you want to go into medicine. Also, know why you want to go to this school and why you applied here.

Google behavioral interviews, because this is the style of interviews that they conduct. They will ask you a few questions just to see how you would behave in certain situations and what kind of student you will be. I didn't have answers memorized, other than what I told you to have down solid.

Remember all the cliche things, dress professionally, be personable, and relax!

Good luck to you! Let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to help.

Hey! Im thinking about applying to this program this cycle. Is there any way I can get in contact with you to ask you about the program?

• 2 months later...

Archived