MCPHS Worcester January 2014 Applicants

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I submitted my application for the Worcester program back in February, towards the beginning of the month. I received an interview invite in March and interview the 23rd of May. It took a little over a week for me to hear back from the school admission with its decision.

At the time of applying, my overall GPA was a 3.99 and my science GPA was a 4.0. The admissions committee were definitely looking for more HCE and shadowing though. And therefore it was extremely important that applicants had demonstrated their understanding of how they fit into the realm of healthcare. I have experience as a HHA, a therapeutic assistant, and most recently as an MRI tech aide.

Good luck to everyone else applying!

I submitted my application for the Worcester program in January and I found out about my interview in March for May 23rd. I had my interview on Thursday, and I found out my decision by mail exactly 10 days later (whoops, I counted).

Unlike my comrade above me, my GPA was definitely no where near that high. When I applied, my overall GPA was a 3.45 and my science GPA was a 3.57. But I definitely agree with the fact that MCPHS looks towards your life experiences. Due to personal reasons, I was never able obtain a long-term shadowing position. Instead, I took my Spring breaks and Summer breaks and did medical mission trips in South America. So I believe that was what set me apart from the others even though my GPA isn't spectacular.

One more thing that I noticed MCPHS stressed highly upon is their accelerated program, and I was asked constantly on how I felt I would be able to handle the pace. If you feel like you can handle a fast-paced program like the one at MCPHS and you can properly, and genuinely, communicate that with them; then you are well on your way. Good luck!

Accepted!!! Had my interview on may 23rd (and I was super nervous because it was my birthday!); now i'm just trying to figure out the housing thing. anyone looking for a roommate? i'm coming from SC so will definitely be looking for housing near campus (either on campus or close off campus)

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email early this week re: interview for today. And the email indicated that it may be for wait list

...and as you know, we really didn't find out today how many spots are left, just that there are some available. I hope all went well for you!! Good luck :))

Same here Maureen I just got my letter. Waitlisted

from the June 27 interview. Kinda bummed and trying to decide whether I should enter this cycle and apply again or what route I should take. I had a gut feeling that there were not many spots still available when we were interviewed. Hopefully we receive good news in the upcoming months if people decline their acceptances.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also wait listed and interviewed 6/27...super bummed obviously. Though they were honest up front about being near full capacity. It was still very disappointing. I applied to six programs in total...and I am finishing pre-reqs so I am still hopeful.

Archived