MCPHS Worcester January 2014 Applicants

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I talked with their office. They are still receiving application for 2014 till march 1 2013.then after april 18 the new caspa cycle opens, they will continue to accept application till august 1.

By the way, Manchester campus weighs heavily on GPA.Does anybody know if Worcester works the same?

I should be hearing from them in a couple weeks. Does anyone know about the teleconferencing that occurs on this campus? Like for example, how many classes are actually taught in class, and how many are taught from long-distance?

Thanks! And good luck on all of your interviews!

About DE (distance education), I am in the Worcester program currently, and probably 50-75% of the lectures take place in Manchester, and we are plugged in via DE. It actually works surprisingly well - the Manchester professor keeps an eye on Worcester, and we are easily able to interrupt/ask questions. The Manchester-based faculty are also very available by email, and will travel down to Worcester to meet with students.

I have heard, from faculty and 2nd years, that the ratio of Manchester:Worcester lectures, will shift to more Worcester, in the next 2 terms of the didactic program. It just depends on which faculty are available, where.

I have an interview for the Manchester program!!

1. I think if Manchester weights GPA heavily then so does Worcester because they are the same program basically (especially if they are taught using the same professors). Anyone know how hard their GPA is weighted??

2. Question: I've heard very awful views from their pharm students... I've never heard any negative comments from PA students, but this still worries me and obviously I don't want to bring it up at the interview and offend anyone. I have the opportunity to enroll in other PA programs and want to get the best education possible - even though I really want to move away from the Midwest and live in Manchester!!

now im kinda worried.i have really low bachelor degree GPA even though my latest 80 crefits gpa is 3.95,but it does not sound very positive.

I have an interview for the Manchester program!!

1. I think if Manchester weights GPA heavily then so does Worcester because they are the same program basically (especially if they are taught using the same professors). Anyone know how hard their GPA is weighted??

2. Question: I've heard very awful views from their pharm students... I've never heard any negative comments from PA students, but this still worries me and obviously I don't want to bring it up at the interview and offend anyone. I have the opportunity to enroll in other PA programs and want to get the best education possible - even though I really want to move away from the Midwest and live in Manchester!!

now im kinda worried.i have really low bachelor degree GPA even though my latest 80 crefits gpa is 3.95,but it does not sound very positive.

I interviewed at Manchester and everything I was worried about went away. Great facilities and great faculty! Whatever was wrong with the Pharm students, the PAs love the education they are getting! Oh, and also I was accepted a 6 days later :)

Archived