PANCE Anxiety

I just graduated and will be taking my PANCE Jan 10th. I signed up for the Hippo review back in september an studied that along my last semester board review/clinical therapeutics class. I also use Comprehensive review books, old PACKRATS, and exam master to study. I have taken two NCCPA practice tests..which gave me a good idea how they may ask questions (i'm hoping). I scored mostly in the green with some areas in red. However, when i took a second exam (on the same day) things I scored totally in red were in the green the next exam. For example, psych. I also write out concepts I have trouble remembering, and do notecards as well.

After reading posts on here, and many people stating all of their questions came our of left field, it is causing me extreme anxiety. I already have test anxiety and these posts aren't helping. :-/ I guess I need a little pick-me-up. I've been on the PA forum now for 2+ years before I even started for PA school..and have always loved the advice. Any advice would be much appreciated right now.

The exact same thing happened to me when I was studying for the PANRE. Don't read into the NCCPA tests too much -the sample size of questions is too small. If you miss one endocrine question, your score goes down by half! It sounds like you prepared well, just practice lots and lots of questions and you will do fine.

Not that many people are replying, :;-): but as far as my scores have gone

Packrats Ive scored 200, 204 on my last two packrats I have taken and a 185/225 before that.

Exam master 60-78% range

NCCPA a few areas in red/yellow that changed to green the second time I took it and green areas

If you're scoring over 60% on exam masters and over 185 on packrat you're doing just fine. Things to watch out for on the pance are the wording of the questions. For example; What is the best treatment or what is the gold standard treatment or what would the next best step be. This is tricky because what you do in practice might not be the best. i.e. we typically use a CT to look for a PE but the best option would be a pulmonary angiogram. So the idea is just read the question very carefully and know what you're answering. The other thing they're doing is they're getting away from using keyword associations in the questions. You must actually know the disease, disorders, and descriptions.

Archived