Careers after failing the PANCE FIVE times....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely asking here, but shouldn't someone who failed the PANCE five times be encouraged to not practice medicine for the sake of the patients? I know that I wouldn't want to be treated by a doctor who failed their USMLE Step 2 repeatedly. I don't believe people can be "bad test-takers", you either know and retain the material or you don't. Or could it be that the PANCE is not a solid indicator of what makes a competent clinician?

where's the person who asked about clinical psychology versus medicine? this is the reason I could never go into psych as a profession. my heart only bleeds so far, sorry, it's part of who i am. pick yourself by your bootstraps, remind yourself hard that there are a million things to do and that some peoples cards just fell a certain way, and go be great in life. efficiency is everything in a system.

Genuinely asking here, but shouldn't someone who failed the PANCE five times be encouraged to not practice medicine for the sake of the patients? I know that I wouldn't want to be treated by a doctor who failed their USMLE Step 2 repeatedly. I don't believe people can be "bad test-takers", you either know and retain the material or you don't. Or could it be that the PANCE is not a solid indicator of what makes a competent clinician?

Exactly why state licensing boards cap the number of attempts at 3, and many at 2.

There are still SOME jobs for uncertified PAs but they are very rare these days.

where's the person who asked about clinical psychology versus medicine? this is the reason I could never go into psych as a profession. my heart only bleeds so far, sorry, it's part of who i am. pick yourself by your bootstraps, remind yourself hard that there are a million things to do and that some peoples cards just fell a certain way, and go be great in life. efficiency is everything in a system.
Even those of us who are strong , can be really beaten down at times....Pyschology/Psychiatry plays an important role. Anyoneone whose needed it would argeee

I don't believe people can be "bad test-takers", you either know and retain the material or you don't.

Some people struggle with test anxiety and others, like Contrarian pointed out, are excellent at memorizing facts but aren't so good at putting the big picture together. It's not so cut and dry as knowing it or not.

Maybe its the method at which your using to study. Never Give up on a dream!

So, I blew it in a big way. Didn't pass my PANCE again, didn't even come close. I did studies, went to the reviews, just about everything you can think of. The writing is on the wall, I get it I'm not supposed to be a PA. Any suggestions what I can do now with my PA degree? I'm just lost and don't know where to turn. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Warmly,

Rett

Archived