Getting In

Hey, I'm a junior in my undergrad and really wanting to go to Trevecca's PA school. I'll graduate with at least a 3.75 GPA, a science GPA of about the same, a GRE Verbal Score of 160, and a GRE Quant Score of 154. I want to go straight to PA school after I graduate next spring but reading some of these posts makes me nervous that I won't get in. Does anyone have some insight on whether or not I'll have a shot? I'm planning on doing a lot of shadowing in the next year and I've worked in a doctor's office since I was a freshman in high school, so I should have plenty of healthcare experience. Thanks!

Hey, Kaetlyn92! I applied to Trevecca this fall and got in, and I'll be graduating in May. By the sound of your application so far, I don't think you'll have any problem. I had a 311 GRE, 3.94 GPA. I had shadowed a few physicians, one PA, and I volunteered at the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge. The only clinical experience I had was from a mission trip in Guatemala (they love it if you're interested in missions!). So all of that to say, I think you'll be fine :).

• 2 weeks later...

I got in too. Your credentials are more sound than my own: 3.28 overall, 304 on GRE, shadowed 1 PA and volunteer with the Red Cross. Spend some quality time on writing your personal statement and of course the interview is a big factor. They asked me many questions in the interview based on my personal statement, so that's why I emphasize that. You are well qualified so no worries.

Archived