Will one 'C' in a Pre req hurt me...

I am down to my last pre reqs and so far i have all A's and 1 B in organic and it looking like i might possibly get one C.....

I have a back up plan in place in case i don't get in this cycle in January I am beginning my EMS training and will become an A-EMT.. I have over 1,000 hours of shadowing in about 7 different specialities.. I know that i eventually want to be an ER PA so the A-EMT certification will be helpful in learning those basic skills..

I was just wondering what people thoughts are about this situation?

It may hurt you, or may take you out of the running altogether. Some schools require at least a B in all the individual pre-reqs to be eligible to apply. You should check with each school you are planning on applying to to make sure that you will meet their minimum requirements.

I got in with a C in orgo. As beano mentioned, that C definitely came up during my interview. The rest of my application was solid, and I was able to demonstrate my ability to handle difficult sciences by acing medical biochemistry the following semester. Depending on how far out you are from applying to PA school, and if you are confident you can ace the course, I'd say to retake it if it's going to keep you up at night. Of course, you'll be shooting yourself in the foot if you retake it and land another C because there's not really any way to spin that positively. Best of luck!

I am planning on re taking it if I do get the C... I do have a possibility of getting a B but I will have to see how the final shakes out... on another note i think i can prove that I am smart enough to handle these classes my 3 other pre reqs i took this semester i have all high A's in and high enough that I didn't even have to take the finals....

IIRC, retaking a class with a C for a higher grade won't count the higher grade. I remember the dread of having a C in a class back in the day because my school did not replace Cs. It just showed on the transcript as taking the class twice with two grades. Check with your school and the program you are applying to. My school's stance on it was if you took a class twice you should get a better grade but they did not consider it competitive that u took a class twice to get the same grade as someone who took it once. A C might not matter if the rest of your app (hce etc.) Are strong.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Didn't hurt me, but it will depend on if the program looks at individual pre-req grades or the pre-req grade average. Retaking the course wont change the average but if you are applying to a school that requires a B or higher in each pre-req course then you really have no choice but to re-take it, now if you are applying to schools that look at the overall pre-req average then perhaps instead of retaking the course you should spend your time just doing better in everything else. I had two Cs and one was in a pre-req and I received 3 acceptances.....I also feel that my app was strong, my hce was strong and I interview well. Keep in mind that grades arent the only thing that can kill your chances its just a component

I got a C in 2 pre-req's. still got in. just make sure you dont get more than that or it'll bring your gpa down by alot. make sure you join a lot of clubs and be active in school/hce. my gpa wasn't the greatest but i worked as an emt and was involved in school. most schools look for an overall great candidate (or atleast in my program they did )

Archived