Question!

I have been accepted to PA school starting this summer however, I am still taking classes to finish up my undergrad and am scheduled to graduate with a bachelors in science on dec 14th. I'm am doing great in all my classes except organic chemistry and I was wondering if I were to fail organic chemistry do you think I would still have an opportunity to re-take it in the spring before PA school starts?

I know this is a question I need to ask the admissions office. I just don't want to bring it to their attention before I know if I passed or failed.

Thanks for your responses in advance!

Every school is different. Some require you to be done the December prior to the summer of matriculation, while others have said as long as all pre-reqs are done by the Spring right before you start the program. I would highly recommend you look onto that schools website. Every school I've looked into have ALL stated somewhere within their program's website when all pre reqs must be completed by. If their site does not, then I would suggest you call the admissions office and just say you are interested in their program and would like to know when must all pre-reqs be completed by and that general question should do the trick. I understand you worry of raising the issue, so I definitely would not want to give my name either..i'm the paranoid type.

Yeah I was just looking at the website and the admissions letter. The admission letter says, "For full admission you must provide the Office of Admissions with ALL official transcripts and documents certifying your successful completion of all coursework and requirements, including all courses now in progress". This includes ORGANIC CHEMISTRY.

Then it goes on to say that all official transcripts including but not limited to the above referenced course, must be received in the Office of Admissions no later than 90 calendar days from the date of registration or you will not be allowed to continue your class work.

So does that mean that as long as I send them my transcript showing them that I failed within 90 days of when I register (pay my deposit) to go to the school I can still retake the class in the spring?

Also the website said that Prior to matriculation, applicants must have received a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a four point grading scale, and a minimum science GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale.

So I should get another chance to retake the class in the spring right?

Archived