Orange County, CA

As far as shadowing is concerned, you definitely won't find PAs jumping at the chance to let you shadow. I went on Healthgrades.com and typed in "physician assistant" and my zip code and started calling each one during normal business hours. For every 20 or so I called, I was able to find one willing to let me shadow. Speak to the PA themselves and avoid leaving a message- 99% of the time they won't return your call. Also avoid calling major hospital groups like Kaiser because they likely won't let you shadow due to stricter enforcement of HIPAA and general fear of liability. I've had the best luck with smaller, in-patient clinics.

I don't quite know which program I'm aiming for yet. I have family in PA so I was looking around at PA programs a lot. Unfortunately I am still in the very beginnings of a looooong road before I can apply. I just had a change of heart and decided not to persue nursing so even though I have most of the programs prerequisites done I don't have a bachelors degree. I am meeting next weekend in fullerton with an old friend who works at Loma Linda who has a few PA friends he wants me to meet. Keep in touch and I'll let you know how it goes. There is a site someone posted on another thread http://www.pashadowonline.com. I signed up a few days ago so I'm not surprised I haven't gotten contacted yet; But hey it couldn't hurt.

I don't quite know which program I'm aiming for yet. I have family in PA so I was looking around at PA programs a lot. Unfortunately I am still in the very beginnings of a looooong road before I can apply. I just had a change of heart and decided not to persue nursing so even though I have most of the programs prerequisites done I don't have a bachelors degree. I am meeting next weekend in fullerton with an old friend who works at Loma Linda who has a few PA friends he wants me to meet. Keep in touch and I'll let you know how it goes. There is a site someone posted on another thread www.pashadowonline.com. I signed up a few days ago so I'm not surprised I haven't gotten contacted yet; But hey it couldn't hurt.

pheww.. looks like we aren't gonna be competition after all lol im looking at schools around where my fiance is (east coast). I've got some friends in the nursing program at Loma Linda though, its an excellent school. Thats awesome to have so many connections in the PA community! Definitely let me know how it goes:)

Archived