Why Pace?

Hello everyone!

I was hoping to get some insight from the current students on why you chose Pace over other PA programs. I have been fortunate to be accepted into a few programs and would like to get as much information before I send in my deposit. Also, during your rotations - do you rotate with medical students? Or is it only PA's and the doctor?

Thank you so much for your help!

• 10 months later...

My former University roommate went to the program and graduated last year.  She would say an important part of this program is to know your motivation for going to PA school.  The patients at the preceptorship sites can be challenging but give very good experience.  The cost of living and the hustle and bustle of the area are only for some people. 

The school would be a good fit for someone who is passionate about making an impact in an urban area with many social health challenges. 

Not all the rotations are within the city. Some very good sites with excellent preceptors lie outside NYC. Don't let the idea of an urban setting distract you. Pace is a fine program with many positives. You will come through with excellent training and obtain experience to start out in any setting that interests you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am not so sure you should be looking for "unique"...you should be looking for what school matches your needs, personality, goals, etc. Pace is in lower Manhattan, down the block form the World Trade Center. The program has some wonderful rotation sites and boasts a very decent PANCE pass record.

Archived