Class of 2013

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I interviewed they told us that the last PANCE rate was 100% (unless I heard wrong) because I was worried about that as well. One person only missed one question on the entire test. From what I understand, they have totally changed the curriculum and now the exams are now "PANCE style" exam questions to prepare all of the students.

I interviewed February 18th and was accepted. My stats are:

Current undergrad at University of Georgia, Exercise and Sports Science

GPA: 3.37 (overall)..I am not sure of my prereq GPA but it is similar

GRE: 1020 (only took once but I guess did the job)

HANDS ON hours: over 300

I also had recommended classes of biochemistry, organic chemistry, and microbiology.

But, all of the interviews really are situational and they have to like you as a whole, not just based on stats.

I interviewed the same day as Nicki- and that is what I took away from it as well- the PANCE rates listed on the website are from the very first class to graduate, and they since then have re-worked things and so far everyone from the Class of 2010 has passed.

My stats are:

GPA 3.1

GRE 1170

Hours 2500+

I interviewed yesterday and was accepted. They again stated that the most recent class's PANCE pass rate is 100%. My stats are:

GPA: 3.4

GRE: 1170

Patient Contact Hours: 1463

I've got two degrees (my bachelor's is in film, my master's is in sound) and had direct patient hours. They seemed to prefer this to shadowing, from what I got from the interview. I also had biochemistry, microbiology, and am currently taking organic chemistry.

I was accepted yesterday as well. I agree with Caryn about the interviews. The PANCE pass rate is 100% with all but 5 students taking the exam at this point. My stats were lower than most:

GPA: 3.1

GRE: 1270

Patient Contact Hours: 1700 hrs

I have a bachelor's in Biology from the University of Central Florida and I work as an EMT for a hospital in FL on their Critical Care Transport Team. I had microbiology, immunology, o-chem, etc. Looking forward to the class of 2013 and the challenges that lie ahead!

bpalm-- I was also waitlisted for this cycle... I am curious how they told you that you would be 'top 3'? Congrats! I am just curious how they know that considering they have/had 4 more interview days since yours. I hope I am up there with ya I guess! haha. Have you interviewed before at South College? Your earlier posts indicated that you knew the interview process pretty well. Thanks and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone on this forum that was put on, and still remains on the waiting list? I haven't contacted South College since my interview in March (maybe because I am scared to find out any news). Has anyone on the wait list called to find out if the class is full at this point? I am not sure if it is appropriate to call and ask where the class or I stand at this point, as I don't want to be an annoyance haha. Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived