Class of 2013

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am in the class of 2012 and just wanted to let ya'll know that I would be happy to answer any questions that I can! They don't start interviewing until January, and they typically send out interview invites about 2 weeks before the interview. So don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet! If they do it the same as last year, you will get your invite via email, so make sure you add them so it won't go to your junk box. Good Luck :)

Lwilli, I know this is that last thing you probably want to hear..but it is really so individual. I can say that like every school, they are looking for well rounded students. If you are lacking in one area, it definitely helps to be above average in another. For example, if your grades are good but not outstanding, than having amazing HCE will really help. If they continue to do interviews the same as last year, than they will give offer letters at the end of the interview. In order to be able to do this, they offer the most desirable applicants the first interview spots. Don't be discouraged if you don't get an interview in January though. There are people in my class that had late interviews and people in my class that were pulled off the waiting list. Let me know if there is anything a bit more specific that I can answer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know the first interview is January 28th! They ask different amounts of people to different interviews based on how many people they have accepted already. Typically it is between 40-60 people per interview and there were 4 interviews last year. Sorry, I don't know how many people applied this year. My class this year has 59 students, so I would expect that they are looking for about 60 people again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an interview set up for this Friday. I was trying to find information online about their program for more in-depth knowledge about their program yet, the website appears to be pretty ambiguous. I was also not impressed by the 2009 PANCE scores--Was I deciphering the info right (under FAQ from the main website) that first time takers of 2009, only 58% passed and those who retook it, only 90% passed? This is a little scary...

I understand your concerns Amurr86. The class of 2009 was the first graduating class from the program, so a perfect pass rate isn't to be expected. The second class graduated last month. The PACKRAT is a predictive test that students take to estimate pass rate on the PANCE, and it predicated a first time pass rate of over 90% for the second class. The program has been completely re-done since the first class to ensure high pass rates. The interview is designed to answer all of your questions. You will have many chances to do this with staff and students, so come prepared! I will be one of the 10 students with ya'll on Friday, so I will see you there :)

I received an email today informing me that I have an interview set up for February 18th. Does anyone have any advice? My stats are:

Undergraduate, Exercise and Sports Science Major at UGA

3.37 GPA

1020 GRE

over 300 hands on hours (interned with an orthopedic surgeon, worked as a PT tech, worked with cardiac rehab patients for a semester)

I've had one other interview so far but would love any advice/tips on how they interview here!

i sent out my caspa application on 10/14/11 and got an email late december saying they received everything and will be letting people know about interviews mid january. i got an email last week saying that i have an interview on february 18 so i havent been to it yet but they said it was going to be an all day process, including group and individual interviews. they will let you know their decision at the end of that day

I submitted my CASPA application in December but my recent GRE scores were not received until just a few weeks ago. I got an email on 1/27 confirming I was under review! Im a quite nervous and hope to hear from them soon! I have two outstanding prereqs, one of which I am currently taking. I hope this doesn't hurt me! Any advice?

Hey all, the interview lasts from 8am until about 2. You may be out earlier or later depending on when they choose you for your individual interview. The first thing you do when you get there is get an introduction to the program and faculty. They bring financial aid by and are open for questions throughout. Everyone is very nice and supportive all day. After the intro you are paired up with some of the current students of the program and they give you a tour of the new campus (that THEY are still getting used to). After that, they split you into different groups for interviews. It's generally 4 candidates and 4 faculty members. The way it worked for us was they just went down a line with pretty much the same questions. That portion lasts about 45 minutes. After your interview you break for lunch, then have the individual interviews. While you're waiting you hang out with the students again who try to lighten the mood so you're not sitting there freaking out. The individual interview (at least for me) was with the same people you had the group interview with. The whole day went a lot smoother because the students made themselves available throughout the process. Everyone there is extremely nice and helpful. Good luck to all that apply!

Archived