Does SJVC admit applicants from out of state? How can I increase my chances?

I'm from Chicago and am getting ready to mail out my application. I was wondering if I have a chance of getting into SJVC due to the fact that I am not from CV or California. I read in other threads that I have a 30% chance but I am wondering what that depends on. How can I communicate my desire to serve in an underserved area in California once I complete PA school? Can I include a letter with my application? Anything else I can do? Would I at least be considered for an interview if my application is competitive enough academically? Thank you and I look forward to the advice!

The San Joaquin Valley College PA program educates primary care PAs who are "committed to helping improve health care for rural, multicultural and ethnically diverse underserved populations of the Central Valley of California," says program director Les Howard, BS, PA.

http://nurse-practitioners-and-physician-assistants.advanceweb.com/article/program-notes-1.aspx

From my understanding it is possible to get in as an out of state student if you can prove sincerely that you meet the mission of the program...trouble is, it's easier to "prove" if youre local.

Archived