Community College Biochemistry Class

Most PA programs that I've researched-- and all that I'm interested in applying to-- accept community college courses as prerequisites. For those that require Biochemistry, would an introductory Biochemistry course be acceptable? (Not a combined introductory organic/biochemistry course, but a course titled "Introductory Biochemistry" that requires O-Chem as a prereq.) It would be much easier to take the Biochem course at a community college versus spending 3x as much at a local 4 year public university but I am concerned as to whether it would be accepted.

I am taking a biochem class at a community college that the prof teaches as a graduate level (500 level) course at the local university. Oddly it even has a "500" number assigned to the course, so it almost seems like the community college is teaching a graduate level course.

I can't speak for the various PA programs but a combined orgo/biochem course usually barely skims the surface of biochem. However an "intro to biochem" course probably would go a lot deeper and might fulfill the requirement.

Archived