Midwestern vs. Northwestern

Which one is best?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is best?

• Midwestern
    • Northwestern

Hello all!

I have been fortunate enough to be accepted into both Midwestern's and Northwestern's PA programs, but I am unsure how these schools' reputations compare among healthcare professionals. Both seem like great programs, but as Northwestern's is so new I wonder if it would be more advantageous for my career later to go to Midwestern. Then again, perhaps Northwestern will end up being phenomenal and this will be recognized among PA's and doctors.

Does anybody have any advice?

Thank you!

Well, these programs are both 2 years long (more or less). MW has a great reputation, very well established, I think it is the oldest program in IL... Very strong science department, heard from one the PA's I work with (their alumni). NW on the other hand is brand new, and so far only holds on the reputation of the Medical School/University/Hospital. Plus, strongly consider their teaching style. I was recently at the open house, and gathered from students that it is not for everybody... So, your choice. :)

Congrats on being accepted!

• 5 months later...

Archived