Accepted Students to Enter Sept 2013 Post Here

Find a PA student roommate on that facebook group you guys started. That's how most people from my year found theirs.

Sorry everyone but I don’t have a Facebook account. However, if anyone is interested in arranging a possible roommate scenario, let me know. In general I am looking to live somewhere inexpensive and within walking distance to campus. My family is staying in Pittsburgh so I'll be on my own in Philly. I am interested in getting a few people together in a place to keep the rent cheap. I can pretty much live anywhere and have pretty reasonable standards for apartments. Feel free to email me if anyone is interested. We can gauge our compatibility as roommates and work out the details. wolfeja2@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So would you say that Fairmount is a good place to live with a family? My wife found a list that said Philly is the 18th most dangerous city in America, so it has not helped my cause. ha ha. I have heard that up near Temple is a bit sketchy, but is it better closer to Hahnemann? Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it because I don't know much about Philadelphia itself. Just want to find the best place for my wife and daugther. I could live anywhere, but I don't want them to.

Fairmount is a very good place to live with a family. There is a good mix of rentals with condos and townhouses, so you have a lot of families in the area. Once you begin your search, if you want to send me some of the addresses you're looking at I can give you a sense of what you'll find on those blocks, etc. aminawirjo@gmail.com.

Hello Everyone,

I'll be starting at Drexel next year. I have been thinking about the housing set up. I'm moving from Pittsburgh by myself so I just need a room somewhere cheap and close to the campus. Anyone know how the graduate housing works? Or, has anyone considered just getting a big place with all PA students so the rent is cheap and everyone is pretty much on the same schedule? Let me know your thoughts..

I'm coming from Pittsburgh too!

Hi Jon! I lived in Philadelphia while I did my undergrad at Drexel. While I was there I lived in West Philadelphia which was fine for me being single. There are definitely people raising children there, but I have to admit it would not be my first choice. If you are thinking of West Philly, definitely stay east of 40th street and between Spruce and Powelton (in my opinion, at least). There are some beautiful areas in center city and old city, but they tend to be more expensive.

Personally, I moved out of Philly the minute I graduated and don't plan on moving back into the city when I start going to Drexel again. I currently live in the Blackwood area which is generally nice, but about an hour and fifteen minute commute. I would highly recommend either Haddonfield or Cherry Hill..both are great towns in New Jersey about a half hour commute into the city. Wonderful places for children!!

There are also supposed to be nice suburbs of Philly in PA such as Manayunk, but I personally have not spent much time in that area.

Hope this helps!! Feel free to PM me with any other questions :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I'm moving from Oregon and am interested in living w pa. Student(s). I thought that stiles grad housing might be a good option. Any ideas ?

QUOTE=birdnames2;370261]Hello Everyone,

I'll be starting at Drexel next year. I have been thinking about the housing set up. I'm moving from Pittsburgh by myself so I just need a room somewhere cheap and close to the campus. Anyone know how the graduate housing works? Or, has anyone considered just getting a big place with all PA students so the rent is cheap and everyone is pretty much on the same schedule? Let me know your thoughts..

Hello all my future classmates from Pittsburgh. It seems there are at least three of us. We should all meet up and say Hi one day.

I'm scouting for potential roommates at the moment. It would be nice to have at least 4 of us in a place to keep the rent cheap. So far I've spoken to PaigeGrider and we seem to agree it would be nice to have a bunch of PA students in a place within walking distance or a least a short bus/bike ride from campus. We are hunting for two more people. Hit us up if your interested.

Archived