PCOM Class of 2015: Supplemental App

Hey guys. I'm working on my supplemental app for PCOM and i have a few questions. I'm unable to fit my course codes in the blank, is it okay if it's abbreviated? I'm having a hard time composing a 250 word essay for the prompt

"Noting the mission and objectives of the PA profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a Physician Assistant."

I find it difficult to describe my personal characteristics and telling a story in about 250 words. Would it look bad if I were to make it 300 words?

• 1 year later...

I'm a little bit confused where this supplemental application is coming from. I got a link sent to me in an email and it has the essay prompt and forms to fill out for PA shadowing but there's nothing about the prereq's that I have to fill out. Are these two separate links?

And I haven't actually started writing my essay yet so I can't offer too much help with that. However, I would make sure it's kept under 250 words. They typically put the limit there for a reason and going over the limit makes it seem like you can't follow directions so it make not reflect well on you. I don't know for sure how serious they take the word limit but that's just me.

Hey guys. I'm working on my supplemental app for PCOM and i have a few questions. I'm unable to fit my course codes in the blank, is it okay if it's abbreviated? I'm having a hard time composing a 250 word essay for the prompt

"Noting the mission and objectives of the PA profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a Physician Assistant."

I find it difficult to describe my personal characteristics and telling a story in about 250 words. Would it look bad if I were to make it 300 words?

You should call the school and ask them directly.  No one on this forum knows what they would think if you sent 300 words.  I had one admissions office tell me to add an addendum if I couldn't fit it all in their designated box, and one tell me to stick to the limit.  For all we know, they will want to read anything you write.  Call them and ask. 

Archived