NSAID alternatives for ms pain with associated heart disease/ bb treatment

Guest JMPA

I wasn't directing the question of accepting state funded insurance as a dig or in any other negative context. I feel that everyone does their best in their various capacities and some of those capacities, like yours Contrarian, are pretty extensive. That effort is appreciated by many, I am sure.

Rather, I am genuinely interested in learning of possible tools that can aid poor, under/no insured, unemployed, rural patients where there is very limited/no public transportation options available. It would really be nice to know if there are other options beside paying out of pocket or learning to live with pain for patients who have very limited resources. I am a student that has a strong interest in pursuing employment in this region, in this demographic. I have lived here for several years with my family and we would like to stay. I really don't want to be a provider that passes NSAID/APAP/narcotics or one that tells patients "Well, when you hurt bad enough, you'll find the money for treatment". If I can learn of different, viable (inexpensive) options, I am all ears.

The county mental health services has one clinical psychiatrist who does medication management only, and only if you are seeing a mental health counselor. I'll talk with the counselors next week to see if they do any CBT for chronic pain.

Archived