Forgot to give Interviewer my updated transcript! Should I email him??

I just interviewed 2 days ago and was asked about a semester I didn't so well in. My response was appropriate and ended very positive, however I had a copy of my updated unofficial transcript and I totally missed the opportunity to give the interviewer a copy. The transcript included the overloaded summer session where I took Organic Chemistry and a Lab with 3 other science classes, which I received really good grades. This summer session was directly after my not so good semester.

Should I email him right now and attach a PDF file of my updated transcript and mention I forgot to give it to him. Maybe a short little message, basically saying "look I did better!"

I can't decide what to do! By sending the email does it look like I'm desperate? Will it drastically increase my chances of an acceptance if those grades were really questionable... I need help!

Thanks!

I would contact the admissions coordinator and say something like "I wanted to give you an update for my current application. I took _______ (insert course names / units) and received ________ (insert grade here). I have an official transcript I can send to you as well would it be ok if I send it to you? Also during my interview on _____ (insert date) with ______ (insert name) I mentioned my most recent courses unfortunately I discovered my updated transcript never was exchanged to them. Would it be possible to notify ______ (interviewers name) that my updated transcript should be arriving shortly?"

Then send it certified mail and follow up 2 days after its received. I wish you the best and hope everything works out!

Thanks Timon. I live 9 minutes from the University so I think I will include a copy of my transcript with the thank you card for each interviewer and program director and just hand deliver it to the receptionist. I emailed the admissions coordinator like you suggested and she is on vacation until after Thanksgiving.

Archived