MEDEX Master's option applicants anxiously waiting to hear back??

My name is Averil. I am a 26, from the Pacific Northwest and currently work as an ER phlebotomist. I have over 6500 HCE as an ER tech, Triage tech, Unit Coordinator, and CNA. Background in Wildland Firefighting and spent time volunteering in local health clinics, and shadowing various PAs, etc. Current applicant to MEDEX class Masters option...

I am wondering if ANYONE out there is going a little nutty waiting to hear back from MEDEX like I am ?!? I now truly understand that patience is a virture... but I just want an interview SO BADLY that I have trouble keeping my anxiety to myself.

I received the email confirmation from Mariah that my application was cofirmed and met pre-reqs in September, and another email a few weeks ago confirming that MEDEX was still "solidifying their list of applicants to be interviewed".

From the information I have gleaned off of this forum I know I'm not alone in the waiting process, but mainly wanted to know if anyone out there had information regarding how many seats may be left at the various sites-?? Seattle was my first choice and Yakima my second - though frankly I would be happy as a clam at either.

I had no idea the waiting portion of this process would be quite this agonizing... which only solidifies my passion about become a PA. Any info or venting anyone else wants to give is welcome :)

I was accepted at Seattle and as far as I can tell no one has been asked for their deposit money yet. The packet of information for accepted students will be sent out soon according to Mariah, and they probably give a few weeks at least for people to get them the money. I think once that starts being due the program will have a better idea of how many seats they have left to fill. I don't know if they look for variety in the class (I assume so to an extent), and that may also make a difference on their selection. There were less people at the interview in early October than there are seats for the class, so unless there has been another one there are likely plenty of spots left. I think things take a little longer there because they have so many programs to fill and they just opened a new one. Be patient and I'm sure your time will come. You sound like a good candidate from what you said.

Hey Averil! I'm right there with you...as December gets closer I get more nervous that I won't get an invite...my co-worker just got the call for the Seattle site yesterday...happy for her, but it's made me even more anxious! Lol...we both gotta hang in there :)

Yes just trying to keep the faith and stay positive! In July it felt like this would take forever. Now that it's mid December and no news it seems like it's gone too fast. Best of luck to everyone- and thanks for the info about acceptance packets going out, etc.

Anyone know an approximation of when the next round of Seattle interviews are? I read somewhere that it is in December....but can't find that info now.

Thanks,

From past applicants, I've heard there's one in December and then a final one in January that is combined with the BS applicants to fill the last spots? I was wondering how they send out rejection letters...do they send them out as they go through applicants or all at once after they've finalized the class? I'm taking the fact that I haven't received a letter as a good sign I guess...lol...trying to stay optimistic :)

I'm in that boat as well. I applied a couple of weeks before the deadline and UW has acknowledged receipt of my supplemental application, but not my CASPA. Normally, I wouldn't be so concerned except for how much CASPA FUBAR'ed my transcripts that caused an almost 3 week delay in them processing/verifying my application.

A good friend is currently attending MEDEX in the BS program and has advised me over and over again to be patient, and while I'm doing well, I'm not going to lie, it's starting to wear on me with December almost here.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Rich

Lindad,

Thanks, I received an invite today (this morning) as well. Now I am in a bit of a pickle. I just got accepted into a program where I am from (where I own a house), but damn....this is a MEDEX invite. I also have to consider traveling back to the States (I live in England) and spending the money on a possible acceptance while knowing I already have a seat secured.

I'm going to think about it today, it's a tough choice. If the invite came from most other programs and I wouldn't think twice. Another thing to think about was the fact I was really impressed with the program I got into....more so than I thought I would be.

I'm giving myself 24 hours to decide.

Just got my invite today as well...COMPLETELY ecstatic and relieved!!! I was driving myself crazy figuring out my chances of getting one, with December right around the corner...I know everyone's saying it, but it's true...try to be patient!!! There's still time :) Good luck everyone!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well ... Got my rejection letter today. It didn't feel good, but hopefully I can improve my application within the next 6 months and come out a better applicant and health care provider. Also recently got engaged- so life continues and as disappointed as I am that MEDEX didn't accept me, there are exciting things on the horizon. Hearty Congrats to those accepted this year!

Hey...got my letter today as well...my heart sank the second I saw the envelope in the mailbox...but as everyone has kept reminding me all day, there's a reason for everything...this just was not my year but 2013 is right around the corner, and I will be ready to start fresh...thanks to everyone I talked to on here and met at the interview...definitely intimidating to be in a room with so many accomplished men and women...congrats to everyone and Happy Holidays :)

It was so nice to meet you and your fiance'! I believe you were one of the people who I took on the Duck Tour with a few of the out of town applicants.It was a great opportunity to show everyone Seattle. I enjoyed all of our time together. With that said, good luck with wedding planning and your future plans. Kind regards.

Archived