What do you know about Salus?

hey johnsm28827, i really liked salus when i interviewed there! I got into a few schools but I chose salus because of the faculty, teaching style, area of philly, and the use of cadavers. It is a small program with an integrated teaching style which separates it from a lot of other PA schools. it is really just a personal preference but salus was the best choice for me!

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
how much does ranking of a school matter? I mean Salus is ranked 108 which is right at the bottom of the barrel.

almost zero relevance. where you go to school MIGHT help you get your first job. after that it's all up to you...

other things than ranking are much more important in the selection process like quality and availability of rotation sites....

• 7 months later...

I know this thread is a year old but if anyone out there is still reading, I have a few questions about clinical rotations.

Were most of them done in Philly? We're you satisfied with your c,inical sites? Did you feel adequately prepared?

Also, one of my desired electives would be plastics/ derm, I'm hoping this might be easier to find in Philly as opposed to some of the more rural area schools.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sa22 when I interviewed in early Oct I attended a pharmacology lecture with the 2014 class. The teacher was awesome, she was able to keep a dry subject interesting and fun. Talking with the students they had nothing but admiration for the instructors, infact they mentioned that it was common for the instructors to give out their cell phone numbers. As far as atrittion it is very low. Salus' five year pance pass rate is 99%. Hope this helps.

Archived